Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Barn Lime

Fishbonker

Life Member
I was in Thissens this afternoon and saw small bags of "Barn Lime". Is this the same stuff as ag lime? It would be convienent for gardens or small plots. I didn't notice the price though.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Barn Lime". </div></div>

When we used to milk cows in a stanchion barn we used barn lime on the floors. Like pharmer mentioned, it's fine and meant to be "sprinkled" on and swept up.

Might be difficult to spread in a spreader...dunno bout that? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought maybe it was for white wash.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

Could be...we always hired that done but that would require a very fine lime I'm sure.

Barn lime is a calcitic lime. It will move soil pH. I tried it once and it was too fine to move through my spreader. It would bridge up very badly and was a hassle to use. If I'm using bag lime, it's a pel lime since it is much easier to use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought maybe it was for white wash.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

Could be...we always hired that done but that would require a very fine lime I'm sure. </div></div>

Too poor to paint and too proud to whitewash was my uncle's saying.

Thanks for the info.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom