Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

be safe.

beararchery

Well its that time of year when hunters wake up early and get to the stand but this years going to be safe for this guy, I'm wearing a harness no matter what. Maybe once you get out there you think ahh I don't need a harness I don't have time or I'm not gona fall. I know I have done this a couple times and I'm not going to say that this year I'm wearing my harness write when I put my clothes on.

I'm not saying that you have to be wearing a harness but its recommended. The last couple years I have had friends and friends dads falling out of tree standard and break legs, arms, backs, and unfortunately die. I just want to hear more stories of people shooting the monster they have been chasing or that first deer you take, then people falling from stands and hurting themselves because they aren't wearing a harness and hurt themselves. No one is making you wear the harness I mean I think they are uncomfortable but I think of my whole family and how they would react and I want to live long enough for a family, or be able to hunt another day.

So tomorrow and every other day be smart, hunt safe and good luck!

I still remember the day I started wearing a harness. It was 4 years ago and I was in a stand I'd hunted 100 times. I stood up to stretch and all of a sudden got light headed and fell out of my stand, luckily I caught myself on a branch that was parallel to my stand and was able to pull myself to safety. I climbed down, drove 50 min to the nearest scheels and bought a harness for myself and my younger brother. I wear a harness in every stand now.

I still remember the day I started wearing a harness.

I remember too. I was in my climber stand during shotgun season, stood up too quick to take a shot and my bottom platform shifted...good thing my top platform was "encapsulating" (has a metal frame halo around the seat). I stuck my elbows up and out to catch myself. Scary scary. Drove to scheels that night and bought a harness...pretty much haven't been in stand without one since.

I fell at the end of august moving stands to a different property. Putting them up taking them down climbing up and down the tree the harness is on all the time

Top Bottom