Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear Rescue

203ntyp

PMA Member
Thought this was really cool.

This bridge is on the Old Donner Pass H ighway. It has a spectacular view of Donner Lake and Donner Pass on Route 80.
Hanging_bear.jpg

A bear was walking across Rainbow Bridge (Old Hwy 40 at Donner Summit,
Truckee) on Saturday when two cars also crossing the bridge scared
the bear into jumping over the edge of the bridge. Somehow the bear caught the
ledge and was able to pull itself to safety. Authorities decided that nothing
could be done to help Saturday night so they returned Sunday morning to find the bear sound asleep on the ledge.
Bear_sleeping.jpg

After securing a net under the bridge the bear was tranquilized, fell
into the net, lowered, then woke up and walked out of the net.
Bear_rescue.jpg
Bear_rescue_2.jpg

Bear_rescue_4.jpg
There is a moral to this story you know; this old bear made a wrong move and found he was hanging by his nails. Somehow he was able to pull himself up onto the ledge where he saw he was in a very bad, impossible situation and what did he do? Yep, he took a nap and sure enough the situation took care of itself while he was asleep.
The moral is that when confronted with a bad situation sometimes the best solution is to take a nap. ..

Not everything has a bad ending!

Pretty cool!

One thing though, whoever took that last pic has 1000X more guts than I do, unless they had a LOOOOOOOOOOONG zoom.

I've seen that a few times...it always makes me smile that people actually took the time to help that bear. Cinammons are absolutely beautiful.

That makes me smile too. I'm so sick of seeing wildlife suffer needlessly (impaled by fences, wedged in an engine block, tangled in swings) by trying to coexist with man.

Just showed this to my son. He's 11 and thinks this would be awesome to try. That boys gonna take years off my life. I can tell it already. =)

Top Bottom