Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Beman Straightness

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey guys,
I hoping someone more arrow savy than me can respond to this.

I have a friend that shoots Goldtip expidetion hunters(cheap). He takes cuts some off both ends so he gets his correct length and then and puts nocks/inserts in. He said by doing this they are just as good as the Goldtip prohunters(expensive) as far as straightness. I've been with him before to a few bow shops and when he mentions it to the people behind the counter they all act like they knew that worked.

Im wondering if anyone knows if a person could benifit by doing this with Beman Bowhunter arrows to make them closer to the Beman Hunter or even the Elite.

And anybody got a good source for Beman shafts? Bowhuntersuperstore.com seems to be the cheapest.

Thanks.

Straightness is measured from tip to tip on arrow shafts. If the bends are on the end of the arrow, this will help, however if the bend is in the middle of the arrow it will change nothing to cut from both ends. On some arrows (CX for example) the end you cut from will effect spine stiffnes because the arrow has a different composition from one end to the other. (ie weight forward arrows) On some applications cutting from both ends is fine but it doesn't make any difference as far as straightness goes unless you know where the bend or bends are located.

Interesting question. Does anyone know if certain brands of carbon arrows tend to bend more at the ends vs the middle of the shafts?? I was always under the assumption that there were imperfections of allignment throughout the entire length of the shaft. I couldn't cut off the "inferior bit" of the arrow.

You'd think, if the manufacturer was aware of this, they'd find a way to correct it as part of the manufacturing process...

iowaPete

I have heard that Goldtip produces thier arrows all the same. Then they sort them by straightness. The best ones are Prohunters the others are the Expedition hunters and the worst are thrown away.

Alright so I did some more research in to this. Arrows tend to be bent in an arc; not ALWAYS the case but generally. So the rise would be in the middle.

Top Bottom