Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

benelli nova

B

brandon

i am thinking of getting a benelli nova and i was wondering what all of you other hunters think of them. I will use it for a variety of game from pheasant to deer. Thanks for your opinion!

I haven't heard many good things about the Nova. Now as far as the auto loaders I thing Benelli is hard to beat, but expensive! If I were to buy a good all around gun I would buy a Remington 1100 or 1187, just my opinion........

I seen one locally, used in "New" condition. $325.00. 3 1/2 in. Blk synthetic. looks like a good price after checking gunsamerica.com
I actually see no reason other than cost to chose a pump over an auto.

I think the Nova would be fine for deer or turkey or in a duck blind, but I wouldn't want to lug it after pheasants. I agree with smokepole on the 870; I've had same one for 20 years and have shot just about everything with it, including six deer. Another overlooked gun is the Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight. I've got one in 16 gauge that's perfect for pheasant -- 6.5 pounds.

go all the way and get the SUPER BLACK EAGLE
it will cost you a little more but you will enjoy it a whole lot more....

I'm not much of a Nova fan either. I heard all of the fuss about them so I checked one out a Scheel's when they first came out and I was not impressed at all. "Clunky" is about the only way I can describe them. Uncomfortable to shoulder, strange grips on the stock, and they make more noise than a Rat-L-Trap. If you want a good pump gun go with a Rem 870 or a Browning BPS.

Just my 2 cents worth.

As far as the Nova goes, I've never had one, but before you buy one I'd advise you to verify how much a slug barrel costs. When I bought my super black eagle, I inquired about a slug barrel and all I remember is it was very expensive.

I ditto the other people's comments about Remington 870's. I have 2 wingmasters(12 and 20 gauge) that I love. I used the 12 as my primary shotgun for 25 years and with very heavy use it has never failed me.

The Ithica model 37 is a well loved clasic too, but I had a bad experience with an old one I had. Plus good luck finding a slug barrel for the Ithica.

IaCraig

Top Bottom