Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best base layer...

I use First Lite merino wool base layer and love it. Its wool so it isn't cheap but is great stuff. I go cheap on a lot of hinting equipment but clothing is an area I buy quality...nothing worse that being miserable during a long stand sit.

I use First Lite merino wool base layer and love it. Its wool so it isn't cheap but is great stuff. I go cheap on a lot of hinting equipment but clothing is an area I buy quality...nothing worse that being miserable during a long stand sit.

Also have first lite Merino Wool ... tried an under armour one a few years ago and was terrible. Then tried a different off brand one that wasn't much better. Then got the merino wool and it's hands down the best I've had. I have merino wool socks as well. Like already mentioned, it's not the cheapest thing suit but it's some good stuff!

Ditto... bought my first set of first lite this year and it worked great on my elk hunt in Idaho, and so far it's been really good on my stand hunts so far this year.

Edit: Their customer service is also very good. I ripped my pants and a pair of the golves ripped on my elk hunt, and they are going to get me new ones for free.

Agree 100%. First lite and merino wool is hands down the best. Just got back from BC and used it exclusively and have for years. Amazing stuff.

I bought the Ice-Breaker merino wool pants and longsleeve under garments last year and freakin love them! damn expensive, but they are worth it

Wow, that is a little pricey, it isn't itchy at all? On the plus side another benefit of wool is that it maintains its insulating capabilities even if it is wet.

Wow, that is a little pricey, it isn't itchy at all? On the plus side another benefit of wool is that it maintains its insulating capabilities even if it is wet.

I don't think mine is itchy at all. That's probably my most important hunting gear i own. Especially on cool November mornings. Worth every penny in my opinion. Don't waste your money on UA or something else. They don't wick the moisture like merino wool does

I've been using Core4 merino last couple years and it has preformed very well.Very affordable if you catch it on sale on Camofire.

I have used military surplus under wear for years. Made of 100% polypropylene, wicks sweat well, priced right. Robins Surplus in Waterloo carries it.

Have the Minus33 Merino Wool, hands down the best base layer I have ever had. Like the others have mentioned about the Merino wool it is warm, very comfortable (no itch) and great even in wet conditions.

kratz

I Have The Lined UA Base Layers, And Love Them, I Use Them When Im Ice Fishing And Have Had No Problems With Them, They Wick The Sweat Away Just Fine. If You Layer With The Right Stuff It Doesnt Matter What Brand,,,

Where is everyone buying their merino wool from? Looks like I had better invest in some of that myself...

Did some searching and there are there are quite a few different options. What one did everyone pick???

Last edited:
Top Bottom