Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Brush Hog

Jdubs

After many years I need a new brush hog. What do you guys find to be the best machine for the money. I've been looking at Landpride, Woods, and Deere. Thanks

I've run most brands. Now- u have to remember- every company makes their "cheap" model and their tougher ones. Hands down, in my opinion and experience - Rhino makes the best brush hogs or batwings. I've run their mid range models and they are awesome. Their high end is bullet proof. Now, I do have a Cx-15 JD batwing - that's deeres cream of the crop - top end model. I like it and it's a wicked machine but I would still put it a notch below Rhino's top end model and I think Rhino coats a little less because it's not green. So, I personally feel u get a better product at a slightly lower price. Last- id be real careful buying used. Could be fine but also could be bad. I'd look in gear boxes and for sure look at oil in gear boxes. A lot of guys abuse that line of implements far worse than other categories. If it were me, I'd buy something "lightly used" but that's me. Oh, and last 2 cents..... Don't ever ever buy the cheapest model. Unless u really r gonna just chop tiny stuff always. I'd personally NEVER buy a cheapy or anyone without stump jumper & slip clutch. Again, that's me though & my opinion is buy heavier duty than u think u will need Id rather buy too heavy than too light.

Last edited:
Top Bottom