Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Christmas Gift

lxshooter

My 19 yr old brother shot his first deer tonight. After a long bow season with a broken right hand and last week cutting the tip of his finger off, I figured his luck could not get any worse. Tonight we went out and sat in the FREEZING cold field and waited to see if anything was going to come out. After a hour and a half of waiting and not seeing anything he told me that his finger was killing him but wanted to wait it out just 10 more minutes. No sooner he said that then 4 does walked into the corn field. It took them 45 mins to work thier way to within shooting range but Cory laid the smack down on a large doe. Couldn't have got any better. Christmas Eve and his very first deer.

26161_6122.JPG

Since I was suppose to be at work at 6 and I left the field at 5:30 I didn't get any pics. They are taking them after the family get together. Never thought that I would get so pumped over someone else's deer but man, what a awesome experience!

B.J. good for your brother. It is neat that you would get that fired up over his deer, maybe it has to do with the fact that your a great guy. Congrats to both you and your brother. Hoep you get a chance to come by on Xmas the family would love to see you.

Tim

Congratulations to both of you. I was out today also but was fortunate to be set up in a bottom and did not have to deal with the major winds that I was hearing blow up top. I am sure it was a TOUGH hunt and that should make you both feel all the better about the harvest.

Tell your brother congratulations from all of us on his doe harvest.
smile.gif

I am very sorry to hear about his tough luck this year.
frown.gif

Nice!! I also had a tough week a few weeks ago where i had to bury my 14yr. Lab. and was able to harvest my first muzzleloader doe WITH my 7 year old son !! Merry Hunting to ALL!!

Congrat's on a great and tough hunt! Looks like a great hit on that doe. Also looks like a huge, wise old doe. Well done!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Old Buck

IT'S SO NEAT EXPERIENCING SOMEONE ELSES SUCCESS. MY TWO BEST HUNTING MEMORIES INVOLVE BUCKS MY WIFE AND NEPHEW SHOT. CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU, THE WEATHER HAS INDEED BEEEN BRUTAL.

Congrats Cory,good job!
waytogo.gif
Hopefully that eased the pain of your battle wounds for awhile.
grin.gif

Way to hang in there! I hope you have more success and less pain. I ruptured a disc in my lower back three weeks ago and missed shotgun season but hope to get out late muzzleloader so I know how you feel.

Top Bottom