best muzzy

trowser44

whats the best muzzy out there that isnt going to break my wallet in half. my brother has a knight but some people swear by TC or CVA. :confused:

I just bought a Traditions Vortek. It pretty much has all the bells and whistles of every other fancy brand, but was the least expensive in its category. It has a thumb-hole stock, rubberized coating on the stock with mossy oak treestand pattern, fluted barrel, breech plug, etc... It shoots excellent! I think I spent somewhere in the 300's on it, maybe 400, I cant quite remember, but I know it was way cheaper than TC... It's basically the same gun as any other, but, with the big namers, you're paying for their advertisements.

I've heard from a few people that the NEF muzzleloaders are a very good buy. I personally don't have any experience with one, though. A couple gunsmiths tried talking me into buying one a few years ago, but I elected to buy a used CVA Kodiak. These gunsmiths are VERY knowledgeable though and wouldn't have steered me wrong. The one they wanted me to buy was the Sidekick, which is a break open. Not even sure if it's on the market anymore but it's worth a look.

Back