Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

best place in country

Seeing as how I don't have to exclude my home province I won't because that would be silly.

Last weekend I talked to a 60 year old fellow from Montana, he was up at the lake we have a cabin at for his annual 3 week tenting on the lake, searching for a 30 pound pike trip. He told me he'd move here in a heartbeat if he could because Montana does not hold a candle to what we have. Seeing as I have no knowledge other than what he said I will take his word for it.

Last edited:
I would have to say right where I am. don't care about killin anything else but what I like to eat. Venison! It takes some time to see a mature animal around here, but got my tooth results in and for the past 3 seasons, took a 6yr old, a 5, and a 5yr old. Cant beat that!

I can't believe more people haven't picked Missouri. We have this great firearm season in the peak of the rut, low cost out of state tags and piles of these "meth" people and deer:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Missouri- I think the phrase I tell all my buddies is I'd rather put my wiener in a meat grinder than hunt MO. Being a hardcore bow hunter- Iowa is paradise with bow being super good nov 1 through December 4 basically. I couldn't ever go back to being Around a state that pulls out the firearms and army's mid-nov. heck, other than the lack of quality deer they then have because of that.... That's a week & a half of bowhunting when it's good. A few warm days & maybe 7 days of solid bowhunting a year?? That would drive me insane. If I get thrown out of Iowa - like I said- Ohio or Ks (more than likely ks simply because I know I can buy a big farm there) or I do like idea of SK but as tough as I am- dunno how much i could deal with negative temps non stop bowhunting, etc. and the population flunctuations but sounds like paradise.
*next step.... Importing "exceptional genetic deer" to New Zealand. They brought crappy genetic small load like 100 years ago and the deer they brought were all from same strain, maxed out generally 120-130". So- started with imported crappy gens..... I'd bring my own genetics to do it right (since all game there is mainly imported anyways) & maybe get into red stag. Bag the waterfowl just like I do here but substitute fishing in its place. New Zealand baby!

Last edited:
Missouri- I think the phrase I tell all my buddies is I'd rather put my wiener in a meat grinder than hunt MO. Being a hardcore bow hunter- Iowa is paradise with bow being super good nov 1 through December 4 basically. I couldn't ever go back to being Around a state that pulls out the firearms and army's mid-nov. heck, other than the lack of quality deer they then have because of that.... That's a week & a half of bowhunting when it's good. A few warm days & maybe 7 days of solid bowhunting a year??
Also, not sure if you've heard that crossbows are now legal for everyone to use during the entire archery season in MO. I personally know 6 casual friends and coworkers who are buying them now to 'extend' their gun season. These are the same people who have never attempted archery hunting and who buy their tags and shells (and potentially guns) the night before gun season. Unreal.

Last edited:
Also, not sure if you've heard that crossbows are now legal for everyone to use during the entire archery season in MO. I personally know 6 casual friends and coworkers who are buying them now to 'extend' their gun season. These are the same people who have never attempted archery hunting and who buy their tags and shells (and potentially guns) the night before gun season. Unreal.

I thought I read somewhere that crossbows will no longer be allowed during archery season in MO?

Best place in the country !!! Hard call . Just want to be in the Timber with my nephew's and grand kids.. That's the best place in the country to me....Been a victim of letting the trophy be the success then I learned it's about the my family being successful in the outdoors.

Last edited:
OH NO,,Those wicked CrossBows Again! This being Memorial Weekend, best Country in the World, Where we are! For all those who wanna protest. Go to another Country.Then you'll wish you were back here!

I live in South Dakota now but grew up in Iowa. The Western part of South Dakota has to be up there with some of the best deer hunting / waterfowl hunting. Also have a chance to draw an elk tag, sheep tag, antelope, mountain lion, and great pheasant hunting. I never hunted mule deer growing up but have really enjoyed hunting mulies since I've moved here. Growing up and used to seeing tons of 2 year olds and the occasional 140-150 whitetail... some of those bigger mulies LOOK HUGE the first time you see them.

Top Bottom