Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best place to buy Dave Smith decoys???

Lungpopper

Looking for the upright hen and semi strutting jake decoys for next season.. wondering where the best place to buy these is?? Thanks in advance!!:way:

I would start watching archerytalk classifieds and craiglist very heavily over the next month or two. I have seen a lot go for sale just after the season. They will be in great shape because I don't think you could ruin one. Other than that pretty much the same price everywhere. I believe mackspws.com has the free shipping and I don't believe you pay tax. I bought my jake and upright off craigslist two years ago and then I bought my strutter and feeder from scheels.

I would start watching archerytalk classifieds and craiglist very heavily over the next month or two. I have seen a lot go for sale just after the season. They will be in great shape because I don't think you could ruin one. Other than that pretty much the same price everywhere. I believe mackspws.com has the free shipping and I don't believe you pay tax. I bought my jake and upright off craigslist two years ago and then I bought my strutter and feeder from scheels.

Liv,

How did the strutter work for you?

I only used the strutter on one morning hunt so I dont know how it works. Had 2 hens come into him and then a gobbler from about 300 yards started coming right in strutting and gobbling however when he got to 70 yards the hens went to him and took him away from me.

I hunt a couple areas that have huge fields in them and it seems I see a ton of birds from a long ways away and i dont know how well they can see my jake and hens. I thought the strutter may be more visible to them.

I only used the strutter on one morning hunt so I dont know how it works. Had 2 hens come into him and then a gobbler from about 300 yards started coming right in strutting and gobbling however when he got to 70 yards the hens went to him and took him away from me.

I hunt a couple areas that have huge fields in them and it seems I see a ton of birds from a long ways away and i dont know how well they can see my jake and hens. I thought the strutter may be more visible to them.

I do not even carry a strutter with me anymore.

I had very little success using one and can count on one hand the number

of Toms that have come to it.

I only use the DSD jake now and have had great success with it.

Lung Popper, i am not interested in selling mine. I used it a little more last year than previous years. Works great.

Hey Risto or liv4rut either one of you guys want to sell your dave smith stutter decoy??

Are you interested in the older ones that are hard plastic? I have a a jake and upright hen I will sell. PM me for more info.

I like the half strut jake. I have had several toms run in after it when t was paired with the hen. I think it really gets them territorial, especially since it is a lone jake.

Top Bottom