Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best sit & climb stand out there?

Turkeynate

I've never owned one and have always hunted out of ladder stands but I'm looking to hunt more public land this year and think a sit & climb stand might be the best for me.

So what does everyone like/have for Sit & Climb stands?

Ok.... Go!

I'd recommend a lone wolf hand climber with a sit and climb strap. Very light and easy to use with a little practice.

I would recommend a LW alpha hang on or XOP hang on and 4 sticks. You might as well spend your time hunting versus spending your time hunting for a good straight tree. I tried the climber route on public ground and what I found was the trees I needed to be in were not suitable for climbers.

I would recommend a LW alpha hang on or XOP hang on and 4 sticks. You might as well spend your time hunting versus spending your time hunting for a good straight tree. I tried the climber route on public ground and what I found was the trees I needed to be in were not suitable for climbers.

Oh so true!!

I'd be of this impression as well (regarding a lightweight hang on and sticks), although I have little experience on public ground (never hunted from a tree in that little experience) and no experience with a climber. On the ground I do hunt, the trees that I can see using a climber either are not in the right spot, or have no cover (at least after you cut the lower limbs to get to the height you want to be at).

I'd recommend a lone wolf hand climber with a sit and climb strap. Very light and easy to use with a little practice.

I had a Summit up until this last year. It was nice but bulky to carry. I went with a LW hand climber and I added the sit strap. It is a breeze to carry a long distance and it's much more quiet than the summit.

I also have a hang on with sticks that I use occasionally if I have an area with no straight trees. Most times I can find a tree for the climber.

I like my Ol' Man Climber.......at the same time totally understand the straight tree problem. Once I find the tree that I like and where I know is in the correct place, it is a very comfortable stand.

Thanks for the comments so far. I guess I really hadn't thought about not being able to find good trees. So that's a great point.

Unfortunately for myself a hang on won't work for me. Climbing sticks are too challenging for me since I have a Prostetic leg. Not 100% sure a climber would be that much easier but I think it wouldn't be too bad for me.

I have a ground blind but would really like to be more mobile .

Top Bottom