Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best trail camera attractant

aspitz08

With all the different supplement and attractant products out there, just curious as to what works best for everyone to pull the big ones in front of the camera?!

I've always used mineral or salt in the past and it works okay. This year a started dumping apples and it has made a huge difference. With the salt or mineral, deer would come by sniff, take a lick or two and be on their way. The apples bring them in and they stay awhile.

Liquid deer cane is my favorite, but like any mineral, they start to lay off of it this time of the year. But it is the best thing I've used during velvet time.

I've always just used a bushel of shelled corn. They always find it with in a day and I even get pictures of nice bucks bedding by it all night.

I actually just picked up a jug of the liquid deer cane today but I didn't know anything about not working after they shed the velvet! Still be worth putting out this time of year then?

This year I have used nothing but well used trails and creek crossings. I have had just as good of luck or better than using minerals or corn. If I had to pick one it would be corn. Minerals are good but corn in my opinion is better.

I get pics all throughout the season, on a salt block, slows down some when it gets colder but I still get pics.

Top Bottom