Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best trailcam under 200$

I sent him an email, he should be on here soon. All of the firmware issues have been taken care of and were limited to the camo versions as I understand it. I am assuming he will match those prices but I don't want to speak for him.

Don't forget about the I-40 that was mentioned earlier. I have yet to hear of a cam that can beat its battery life. It does have a somewhat slow trigger speed, but it's awesome over scrapes. IMHO the best camera to be had for under $200 -- the price has dropped from the $220 I paid since the I-60 came out.
MDGC0098.JPG

MDGC0017.JPG

OK boys, I got the SG550.
Initial impression as I open the box today!
Likes-
-very compact
-should be easy to conceal
_cant speak to the picture quality till I get it out

Dislikes-
-I could be wrong but it doesn't look very durable..kinda cheap plastic IMO....we'll see
-Appears you can not view photos till you bring the card home.
-the attachment strap is very small only good for tiny trees.
-Programming is a little different using a remote....not surethats a dislike yet.
-I will get it up on a scrape thursday and hopefully report back next week.

It's funny how everyone has different reviews. I'm still "undecided" on the moultrie. I have been setting it up on hot scrapes and it's been "killing" them. I cannot decide if it is the look of it or the noise I hear it make when it takes a pic. They hear it too. I hung it awhile back, 120 pics in a week, over 40 the first day..less each day after, 0 in the last 2 days. This was the typical pic off of it,a spooked deer.
rob_085.jpg

The reason I am undecided is that battery life is good, it takes good pics, but something about it spooks them in my neck of the woods.

Top Bottom