Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BIG birds?

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
I was just wondering what everyones thoughts on the size of this years birds will be. A buddy and myself were thinking that the birds should come in weighing a little more this year because of our mild winter. What are everyones thought on this? Maybe somebody will get lucky and get the 30lb'r.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by micah3553 (edited 03-25-2002).]

Would make sense to me, the birds didn't have to burn many calories looking for food this winter. I'm gettin pumped, got the wife annoyed as I practice my calling around the house. =)

...it would make sense to me...though I did not notice much difference in the weight of last year's birds...however, I did notice some smaller beards last year than in years past...

I predict that you will see one of the 3 states (Iowa, MN or WI) state record get crushed this year. The mild winter didn't stress out the birds at all. Plus with not much snow cover and cold weather you are going to see some big "Coke Bottles" no make the "Champaine Bottles" dragging on the ground this year. Some of the Toms I have been walking up on shed hunting have had some real thick and long beards from what I have been seeing. If you haven't cracked the 25# barrier yet, this is the year for you to do so! Man, I have to quit this, I am jsut getting to excited!

GOBBLE, GOBBLE GOBBLE

Good Luck!!

OLETOM

That would be sweet to break the 25# barrier again, my largest bird with the gun tipped the scales at 27# and my biggest with the bow was a measly 23# =)

How good do we have it here? We consider 23lbs tom average, a 130 class buck decent, and we also have some great fishing. Man I love Iowa.
smile.gif

micah I couldn't agree more with your last post. I would be happy with a 23lb. bird in a few weeks even though I know that there is much bigger ones out there. They have had such a mild winter that they look heavier than last years and the beards look long and thick. Iowa is such a great state. Happy Hunting

Right on the money Micah!

While being selective on the deer I shoot, I shoot first bearded turkey I see every year.

Them boogers are too elusive and weather dependent for me to pass them up. Alot of it has to do with the short seasons compared to Archery deer hunting.

Top Bottom