Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NeoFie

Having some trouble hunting down the big guys. I am asking for a bit of help. During rut, I am wondering if I should hunt further into the woods rather than hunting an open field (be it bean, corn, clover. Either cut and plowed or standing). I have been hunting on the edges of open fields and I am seeing doe, and some small bucks. I am looking for some advice from more experienced hunters. I am new to the sport (5yrs or so). I have not been given much advice, and I would be happy to learn more about hunting. I am also starting to hunt all day hunts, to catch the big ones running in the open daylight hours. Any information would be helpful.

I have heard of some people hunting bedding areas for all day sits. To get the bucks cruising looking for does.

Edges are good for seeing deer, but not for getting them close unless you call and decoy. Find a good funnel or doe bedding areas and park it there.

We have been hunting the field edges that connect to the bedding areas. Have seen some tanks over the last week but just outta range.

Top Bottom