Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big bucks on their feet?

Saw a couple does dart through this pine grove after sitting in my stand 2 mins. Then a mature 10 chasing the 2nd one pretty hard. Trotting after her with his nose on the ground then he'd stop and lunge at her. Was really fun to watch just wish he woulda came about 15 yards closer. Saw 4 other small bucks grunting and chasin does all around. Fun night

Watched a 10 breed a doe and tend her before snort wheezing at 4 different bucks. He only left her to fight a 170 12 but I interrupted that with a rage extreme....awesome show put on like nothing I've ever seen

Saw the very first hint of any chasing tonight and it wasn't really even anything. One buck with his nose to the ground for about 20 minutes just walking around in circles. Great hunt tonight though! Saw about 14 or 15 deer. I like that!

Watched a 10 breed a doe and tend her before snort wheezing at 4 different bucks. He only left her to fight a 170 12 but I interrupted that with a rage extreme....awesome show put on like nothing I've ever seen
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Sitting in stand as I type this. Seen 5 bucks that would score over 120 this morning. Passed 2 8s that would were a 125 and a 135. One of the others was a hog 8 point that would push 150. The other two had good frames but couldn't get the binos up with 2 bucks right below. Quite a bit of grunting, searching, and some were chasing. Seen 8 does and 9 bucks total so far.

I took this picture standing on my deck drinking coffee this morning around 9;30. He was pushing a doe back and forth on the hillside across the pond.

Went out last night and this morning in different spots. Saw 1 small buck last night and 2 dinks this morning.

The action is area specific. Some areas will see more action than others depending on where the does are at

Was setting traps this morning and saw a lot of bucks bucks up and moving around 10. 2 big ones for sure and multiple younger bucks.

Got out this morning. Bumped two does on the way in to the stand. From about 7:30 till 9 had 4 little bucks harassing a doe.

Checked the camera and had more mature deer in daylight photos so that was promising!

Yes, They were on their feet this morning. Taken after 10:30 this am. He nosed around for some time. And he was not the only one.
PIC24_zps3392c893.jpg

PIC23_zps365db6c7.jpg

PIC22_zps3c71b122.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow, I am going to sit what I would consider an evening stand, but I truly don't think does will be out in the open much anymore.

Saw 3 bucks tonight, 5 point, little 8, and an 8 that probably scores 115-120, all walked within 10 yards, 2 responded to grunts, also made scrapes and rubs as they walked to me!

Today was probably the best day of hunting I've ever had in my life where I didn't kill anything. Deer everywhere this morning and the only reason I got out of stand was to set some traps. I should have sat all day, but wanted some fur waiting for me in the morning. Saw 21 deer this morning and activity was spread throughout. Lots of chasing and searching. Tonight I saw less deer, but it was intense. I had a 130 inch buck pushing does hard around me for a half hour. He was dogging the one hard. After they went off I had another nice buck come from the opposite direction and make a couple scrapes. He hit their trail and took off grunting and running. Just at dark all hell broke loose with antlers smashing together and corn being busted. I imagine those two caught up with each other.

Watched 2 bucks tend to does for over an hour last night. I ended up taking the bigger of the two (about 145inch 10 pointer). I learned more during that one hour than I have in the past 3. It was a great day.

The 3 bucks I saw we're all in the same area and couldn't care less about one another. Sounds like my area is a bit behind some others, although that doesn't make much sense to me.

Top Bottom