Big Eight

Turkeynate

How old do you guys guess this buck to be? Any ideas on score? Shooter or wait a year... I'm torn...
PICT0720_zps8198e891.jpg

PICT3653_zpsec8ce9e2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice deer. Really hard to judge age by a straight on photo. Give it some time and see if you get some more pics. That will help you decide.

I would guess 3.4 - 4.5 and if you have other options and not a lot of other hunters on your property let him walk as in a year or 2 he could be a monster- however- easier said than done-

keep updating pics and see how he looks later on as well!

No way would I wait. Mass, and tine length, and saggy belly means for sure mature. That is a really nice 8pt. I would for sure not second guess shooting him.

I think he is the same guy I passed last year but hard to tell for sure. Got great video of him coming into my rattling...

Here is a pic from last year...
8BFC3D98-37E3-49C3-8790-642372A602DA-207-0000000B01AFA2D1.jpg

He totally busts me in the video but not enough to make him bolt.

http://youtu.be/3q6TvaowTn4

Last edited:
Looks like he blew up from last year! I know I would be letting the arrow fly if it was me! If he's a trophy in your eyes then don't worry what others say.

That side picture helps a bunch. Looks older than I thought from the straight on picture. Would be tough to pass that's for sure. Nail him!

Now the other Eight is a really wide guy...
PICT1518_zps2bac54e5.jpg

Same dilemma... Seems all the good Tens are missing this year from central Iowa at least where we are at.

That first buck is 4+ IMO. He will fill out a lot more come fall.

Second buck is thick in the body too. I'd guess him at 4 also or better.

Wonder if EHD got more bigger bucks than I thought?

We had no EHD victims in our area last year. Hopefully when velvet comes off the big guys will start moving around more. Right now I think they are hanging out on the property 1/2 mile south of me

Back