Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big OL' Tom

killer buck

Well, I have been waiting all spring to get out and do some turkey hunting. On Friday, April 17th, the start of the second season of turkey hunting, I was able to do that. We got out to the field around 5:30 AM. Right when we arrived we heard toms up in the trees gobbling up a storm.I knew I was in for a treat. About 5:45 AM the turkeys flew down from the trees and five toms fly down to the opposite end of the field and stay there for almost 2 hours. Finally one tom breaks away and starts to head our direction with a hen.

As it comes closer to me, it veers off to the left and then sees me and sprints off in the other direction. My hopes faded a bit and the other turkeys go back into the woods. We had no choice but to army crawl closer to the forest to get closer to the turkeys. Another 45 minutes go by and the turkeys start to answer our calls.

This time, they came to us on a dime. They finally spotted our decoys and walk straight out into the field and were right in front of us. We were in the perfect spot for a perfect shot. There were three toms in the group and they were all going towards B-mobile. The biggest tom out of three now moved about 30 yards away from me and laid the smack down on him. On top of it all, I got it all on video, so I will always be able to remember this hunt.

27 pounds
10 1/2 inch beard
7/8 inch spurs

picture.php

picture.php

Top Bottom