Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big wilderness buck

dc240nt

PMA Member
After shed hunting Ontario for several years I finally came up with some time to go there and actually hunt. One of the areas that always turned up a couple good sheds was about 2 miles across a lake, this was the area I hunted. When shed hunting an area you don't plan on hunting, its hard to get your eyes off the ground and look for rubs. But this area always seemed to have a bunch of big rubs and some good sized scapes. So, with 2 days to hunt I did have some hopes but time wasn't really on my side. First day I seen a couple smaller bucks including a 130 class 4x4, tempting with the time constraints, but I let him go. Day 2 and no deer by 11:00 am, kicking myself in the butt for not taking the 4x4 yesterday. 11:20 I decided to rattled. It was Oct. 25 and I figured I'd really get after it. 30 seconds into the sequence and I heard the brush busting in front of me. I was in an area of thick spruce so visibility was very limited. This buck busted in and stopped at about 30 yards. One look and it was trigger time! 155 inches and 238 dressed. Want to add one more thing, this wilderness buck.., one of the best tasting whitetails I've ever had.
fa77d7ab.jpg

Not often you see a deer picture with water in the backdrop. Great buck and great picture. Congrats!
waytogo.gif

That is a nice buck Dan> I am not sure if you could find a more remote area to hunt, awesome picture!!

I bet it was a hunt of a lifetime. I would love to be out in that kind of wilderness. Glad to hear it tasted so good.

Top Bottom