Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biggest BS story you've heard

Had a kid in school who couldn't seem to tell the truth ever! Said his group shot 3 legs off this monster buck and every one in the group unloaded on it and it still jumped a fence (on the one leg) and ran off. Also same year one guy in his group shot a buck and shaved all the hair from nose to tail in a straight line around all the contours of legs, ribs ect. without bleeding, and it magically died. Had the hide at his house if we didn't believe him. Magically the guy left for home that morning and took it with him. And lastly non hunting related, a combine past him and his grandpa on the highway @ 55 mph! Ask his grandpa it's not a lie they go that fast! Great Post :way:

Copied from the thread RECORD in WT conference

I'm not sure if this is the deer your talkin about?? Bow kill this past week in Northeast Iowa.
29 pts and green scored at 258. I recieved 4 different pictures of it and talked to a good friend who said its his Moms 1st cousin.

picture.php

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!!:D:D:D

I'M JUST KIDDING SHEDHUNTER1, please don't get bent out of shape
congrats to whoever that guy is though...

When I was going to college. One kid was always telling stories about the walleyes he would catch while ice fishing. Some were so big they wouldn't fit through the hole.

When I was going to college. One kid was always telling stories about the walleyes he would catch while ice fishing. Some were so big they wouldn't fit through the hole.

He used a brace & bit instead of an ice auger?? :grin:

Had a kid in school who couldn't seem to tell the truth ever! Said his group shot 3 legs off this monster buck and every one in the group unloaded on it and it still jumped a fence (on the one leg) and ran off. Also same year one guy in his group shot a buck and shaved all the hair from nose to tail in a straight line around all the contours of legs, ribs ect. without bleeding, and it magically died. Had the hide at his house if we didn't believe him. Magically the guy left for home that morning and took it with him. And lastly non hunting related, a combine past him and his grandpa on the highway @ 55 mph! Ask his grandpa it's not a lie they go that fast! Great Post :way:[/QUO

If i remember correctly that was Brandon, wasn't it?

A good one around my area is the how many people see 12 pointers. and how old deer are. 90% of are deer dont make it past 2-3 years old!

Not really a BS story but there was a kid in a nearby high school that claims he is the best at scoring deer by a picture. I shot a typical 150 inch 10 point and ask him to score it. He says 260 inches no doubt! Im only 17 so Im sure I will hear many more stories to come!

My Great Aunt owns a 700 acre place and 6 years ago my Great Uncle passed away. I've personally chased over 40 guys off the place this year, my Dad has told over 30 guys to get off this year. I recently kicked a pair of guys off and they said that my Great Uncle gave them permission last week. I said "My Great Uncle has been dead for 6 years" the look on their face was priceless. This isn't the first time guys have said this.

My Dad cash rents this place and my 2nd Cousin manages the farm for my Aunt. So, that's how I can kick people off.

Guy who works for me had this trespassing incident last year.

Their group was hunting a farm they had for 20+ years and came across some guys when they were going to hunt. Asked who they were and one guy introduced himself then immediately went into a whole story on how they've been hunting here for years and how him and the owner were good buddies and they always give the owner some whiskey and summer sausage as a gift.

My buddy was like really? Well the owner is on his way over (another guy had called him) and I'm sure he'd like to touch base with how hunting is going. Guys face turned white and admitted they simply pull guys names from the plot book and hunt wherever they want and have the name if they get caught. Little did this guy realize was the land they were on was one of the county supervisors. :LOL:

Guy who works for me had this trespassing incident last year.

Their group was hunting a farm they had for 20+ years and came across some guys when they were going to hunt. Asked who they were and one guy introduced himself then immediately went into a whole story on how they've been hunting here for years and how him and the owner were good buddies and they always give the owner some whiskey and summer sausage as a gift.

My buddy was like really? Well the owner is on his way over (another guy had called him) and I'm sure he'd like to touch base with how hunting is going. Guys face turned white and admitted they simply pull guys names from the plot book and hunt wherever they want and have the name if they get caught. Little did this guy realize was the land they were on was one of the county supervisors. :LOL:

Wow! that takes a lot of nerve! I sure hope they hit him as hard as possible with trespassing fines! Unfortunately he probably just got a slap on the wrist and this A-hole didn't learn a lesson and is still doing the same damn thing as we speak!

On the trespassing note, I know a guy who was hunting his family's land. He happened upon a few other hunters and asked them if they had permission. They said yeah we have permission from the owner. He said well that's funny because the owner is my dad and he didn't give anyone permission. Then he proceeded to unload his gun into the air and said they took off running like crazy. And no I don't condone shooting guns in the air to intimidate someone but its funny none-the-less. And maybe that was embellished, but that's the way I heard it.

I like the one about the big buck that wondered into the John Deere plant and guys were petting it and whatever. And then the story turned out to be true!.... wish I still. Had the pics.

Top Bottom