Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bino harness / case???

deadeye

Have a strap style bino harness system. I like it in that your binos are always ready and easy to reach. I do not have much luck with the top eye covers staying on. I have the Nikon Monarchs. It seems I always knock them off and get snow and grit in the top of them. I have been thinking more of a case system would be a better way to go. It appears Cabela's has one that looks decent. There is the Badlands case, the S4 ones, the Horn Hunter. I have read some reviews, but what are peoples thought on bino carry case systems? THANKS!

I have the badlands case and love it, goes with me on every hunt and 3D shoot. At first I thought it would get in the way of the bow string but have never had a problem. In fact when I have my coat on it helps keep the coat from being so bulky.

Got an S4 and didn't care for it. Bad fit, felt unnatural. Have a cabelas brand one I have had for years and I prefer it.

A buddy let me borrow his badlands case, I personally didn't like it as it felt bulky. If I remember correctly it also gets really loud in cold weather. For a case I have a custom one from gray wold woolens and it is awesome.

It's collapsible for when you're in the tree and has a toggle and snap to keep dirt and rain out.

I researched this earlier in the year and went with a bino harness from FHF Gear. Also picked up the rangefinder sleeve that can be attached to the bino harness. Very pleased with it so far on an elk hunt and bow hunting here. My old elastic style harness was old and binos almost dragged the ground when crawling on last years antelope hunt. That won't be an issue with the FHF one.

http://fhfgear.com/hunting/bino-harness/

Different model or did you order custom mods? If so, what did you have done different? Looks like a very workable product. Thanks.

Custom. I called Jeff and said I wanted an elastic string with toggle on top so I could tighten and a flap with snap to close. The one they make normally you just slip in and out, wasn't secure enough for me.

Top Bottom