Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Binoculars

Fulldrw

I have been looking at purchasing some new binoculars and I was wondering what everybody has and how they like them. The binoculars that i'm looking at are the Nikon Monarch ATB 8X42, but i was wondering if i should go with the 10X42. I plan on these binoculars lasting me for a long time and they will probably be used for hunting a lot of game. I primarily am a whitetail hunter from a stand but i will use them to glass field s in the summer. Thanks

I have the ATB 8x42, and I love 'em. CamoKid has 10x42 Bushnell binoculars. Mine are a bit clearer than his, but I use his a lot for looking at stuff that is farther away. The trade-off is that 8x42 will be a little better in low light than 10x42 will. Whichever one you get - you will be very happy with them.

The Monarch 8x42's are awesome!... I have a pair and I can't say enough about how much a nice set of binoculars can improve a hunt. I would definitely recommend them.

Get the the best 8 powers you can afford with the biggest objectives you care to carry. Nikon and Leica have warranties second to none. 8 powers are much easier to hold still than 10 powers.

Used a pair that belong to a friend tonight. They were Leupold Wind River 10x42 and they were simply awesome. I had my Bushnell's with me and after using his I wanted to throw mine away. Amazing how much light they gather.

I have owned the Monarchs in the past and they are nice binos. Last year I picked up a pair of used Swarovski EL 8.5x42's for 1/3 the price of a new pair. They are absolutely fantastic binos. I dont feel handicaped by the 8.5 power at all, and prefer them for use in a tree stand. Their quality more than makes up for the power when compairing them to my Minolta 10x50's in terms of what you can actually see with them.
I pray nothing ever happens to the EL's, cause I cant afford to replace them and wont likely ever be happy with going back to what I can afford! If you have the money, you would never regret going high-end.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but has anyone looked through the Vortex line of binos? I haven't, but there is a lot of hype surrounding these and I'm wondering if they are what some say they are.

I have leupold olympics in 8X42 and love them. When I was in the market I looked at the Nikons, leupold cascades, and the olympic. I chose the olympic because they seemed the most clear to me, and they weren't much more expensive than the other two. Either one of the 3 though are awesome binos, a heck of alot better than going through a cheap pair of walmart specials every year.
smile.gif

I also agree with the Nikon ATB 8x42 fan club
waytogo.gif
.... mine are over 6 years old and they have really held up well in all kinds of weather. For the price they are hard to beat.... Leica, Zeiss, and the others make fantastic binoculars that can't be beat, but they come with a high sticker price
blush.gif

For whitetails where the majority of your use will be hunting, I would definately go with the 8x.....

As mentioned, I would recommend going with the 8x if the majority of your hunting will be done here in the midwest.

Best advice...buy the best glass that you can afford. Also, and just as important, compare binoculars side-by-side yourself. If at a store, try and glass a distant object outside (thru a window if need be). This will give you much better feedback then glassing the inside of a store wall.

I use Leica Ultravid 8 x 42's.

[ QUOTE ]
Used a pair that belong to a friend tonight. They were Leupold Wind River 10x42 and they were simply awesome. I had my Bushnell's with me and after using his I wanted to throw mine away. Amazing how much light they gather.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!!!!!

I think that I'm going to go with the Nikon Monarch ATB 8X42, where have most of you bought yours from? The cheapest I found them was for 240.

I've been carrying a pair of Minox 10x42's for a few years now. Absolutley love them. have proven many times over thier worth in low light conditions. I won't hunt without them.

Top Bottom