Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Birthday Buck

revup

Get Wild Outdoors
11-11-11
Well......it was actually the day after my birthday. :rolleyes:
The last few seasons have not been the kindest to me.
After missing multiple nice bucks during shot gun last year, only SEEING ONE shooter during bow season, and loosing 2 nice bucks the year before......luck has come my way.
We haven't had any pics of this guy all summer, until the end of october.

PICT0221.jpg

I had spooked a few deer while getting into my stand, and only seen 3 deer before this guy came strolling in @ 8:15 AM.
I heard the wonderful sound of slowly crunching snow behind me, as I turned my head. I must have looked like I was having a siezure when I tried to put the bino's to my eyes.
As soon as I saw the rack, I thought to my self "DONT F@$# THIS UP", over and over, as he walked towards me.
I was in a 30 foot frankenstein stand, made of 2x4's, in a tree that we should not have put it in, in the first place. Any time the wind is over 10 mph, you are going to be in for a ride!
The deer walked 15 yards from the bottom of the tree, so as you all know, it was a STEEP shot.
I stood up, grabbed the Infinity, and pulled back.
I didn't even level the bubbles on the sight, and aimed a little low.
THWACK!
YES!
He ran 20 yards and stopped for 5 seconds as I could see the blood POURING out the entrance hole, like milk being poured from a jug.
He walked 10 more yards and fell over.
I raised my hands to the sky and felt the biggest weight being lifted from my shoulders.
I then text my buddy that was also hunting that morning, "BUCK DOWN!", and called the wife. She was taking my 9 year old son to school, and handed the phone to him so he could tell me "I'm happy for you dad, but I'm sad I wasn't there to film it for you".
He'll be in the stand soon enough, to film some slick heads going down! :way:

SO here he is. Not the biggest deer running the area, but a trophy to me. :drink2:

2011-11-11091602.jpg

2011-11-11091648.jpg

2011-11-11092717.jpg

Man do those 2" Grim Reapers make BIG HOLES.

ENTRANCE
2011-11-11110025.jpg

HEART SHOT
2011-11-11100505.jpg

EXIT
2011-11-11111206-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom