Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Black/White buck pics

CamoMan

Got these photos back from my VCam last week. Didn't know we even owned any black & white film, so I didn't check before loading the camera. Although I prefer color, I must admit that I do kinda like this look.

I'm wondering if the solo buck is the one I had a nice photo of last fall. The reason I suspect it's him is beause of the very long brow tines. I checked the camera (with color film) tonight, and another 12 photos have been taken. I have been getting a lot of fawn photos. (One fawn - very photogenic).
I do love this camera. Thinking VERY hard about getting a digital VCam this year.

Attachments

• 29614-2Bucks.jpg
    29614-2Bucks.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 200
Here is the picture of the solo buck I mentioned in the previous post.

Attachments

• 29615-BigBuck1.jpg
    29615-BigBuck1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 167
Okay . . . just one more - I really like this photo.

Attachments

• 29617-NightBuck.jpg
    29617-NightBuck.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 164
nice photos,
First time i have seen black and white film used. What time of the day was it?

Nice quality Black and Whites you have there. I didn't think they sold black and white film anymore.
confused.gif

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I wish all my screw-ups turned out that well. Vman, the time/date stamp didn't show up on the film, but it was turned on at the camera. Is there any reason it wouldn't imprint on black/white film ? I left the setting the same, so we'll see what happens on my current (color) roll of film when it's developed.

I didn't even know we owned any of this film - maybe it's an antique ! So guys, which photo(s) should I submit for the calendar contest ?

Camoman, I like the second picture with the Solo buck off to the left. I like the skyline and it's a nice looling buck too.

Something kinda interesting - in the first two photos, you can see that there are deer farther out. You can see at least one set of eyes in each photo reflecting farther out in the field. I see that I had a little dust on the photos when I scanned them, so that makes it a little confusing, but you can identify which is a deer. I have a few other photos, and apparently, this field holds quite a few deer in the evening hours. Last year it was in corn, and this year, it is a hayfield. Hoping that works to our advantage during CamoKid's youth season, and early bow season.

Camoman- I used to shoot alot of B/W in a regular 35mm. Check your negatives carefully- red & green are reproduced almost exactly the same in B/W tonal range. If the area that is exposed is green & the flash closely matched the same tone it could be difficult to see unless closely inspected. Then again the date/time stamp may not be working
laugh.gif

Here's another black/white buck photo to stare at as we count down to October 1st. This picture was taken last year in early December 2002. I was able to find his right side on March 1st.

Attachments

• 30137-bwdeer.jpg
    30137-bwdeer.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom