Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blood trail

mudingbuck

PMA Member
I am a die hard bow hunter! I started bow hunting in 2004 and like to hunt solo. I really hate to ask others to help with any. I guess one would say I am a typical hard headed male. Long story short. I am VERY color blind and can't blood trail. Does anyone have any secrets that could help me? I shot a doe this weekend and feel that is was a great shot but with the corn and all the other foliage I wasn't able to find her.

Can ya use dogs yet in iowa? I know I saw this discussion before but dont remember the answer. That would be the ticket for you I think.

Nothing wrong with asking a buddy to help. One of my friends is also colorblind and we almost always track his deer for him. Plus two guys hauling out is always easier too.

Looked like a liver hit from that blood. I'd find a buddy that knows how to track and use him. Quality tracking is a lost art and some guys have a real talent.

What kind of light?

I've seen one of these lights in use. It has a red and green light that you can use independent of each other, or together. Together made the blood simply glow. On or both of the others can make the really dark, almost black. I think Primos has one in the $40 range.

I've seen one of these lights in use. It has a red and green light that you can use independent of each other, or together. Together made the blood simply glow. On or both of the others can make the really dark, almost black. I think Primos has one in the $40 range.

These lights are worthless and it made my trailing more difficult but I have no idea if they would help since your colorblind. No a good buy for anyone else.

Our neighbor was color blind. We had to track all his deer for him. It was amazing how there would be a paint trail on the ground and he could not follow it. I would call a good buddy to help.

I am red/green colorblind as well and it makes it almost impossible to stay on a blood trail or even find the start to one. I took my sister hunting yesterday and she shot her first deer. When it didn't fall over in view I thought well this could get interesting. It looked like she hit it good so instead of going and looking for blood I just peeked over the ridge and seen it piled up in the bottom of a ravine. I even tried backtracking the blood to where she hit it and couldn't find a drop. Being colorblind is definitely a disadvantage so after trying for a bit with no luck I always phone a friend.

I'm really colorblind as well. I bought one of the primos blood hunter lights and it doesn't really help. I think a bright white led light would be better. I usually just call a buddy and have them help me if I have to track one a ways

I would call a buddy but most live 2 hours away so that isn't always an option. I just wondering if there was anything out there that could help. Most The time they just fall in sight but everything is so thick and full right now I could only see her for 20 yards.

Sounds like color blindness is more common than I thought. That sucks guys, sorry to hear about it. Hope ya find somethin that works for ya.

What area are you hunting in? I know none of us want to give away our hunting locations but I would also venture to say that there may be someone on here, close by your location, that would be more than happy to help track a deer. Might be worth an ask.

Taylor. North of Bedford about 5 miles. I don't care to say because all the ground is hunter owned or leased up.

Hydrogen Peroxide bubbles when it comes in contact with blood, you could carry a spray bottle of that if you're really desperate.

Top Bottom