Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bo knows hunting

Sounds as if he's got great respect and admiration for not only the sport, but his quarry as well. Glad I didn't trade off my Bo Jackson cross trainer cards.
smile.gif

It would be great to see him hooked up to a deer harness dragging a buck out. Even after this many years out of football, I'll bet he could keep those legs churning. Great attitude too, that he does it all himself. With many of the "celebrities" you see on TV, you get the impression that once the deer's down, they head for the "clubhouse" and let the hired help do the dirty work.

good to see a well-known personality giving hunting (and hunting in iowa!) a good name.

that's what its all about.

Back a few years when I was hunting a pheasant competition he was at the same place trying to shoot pheasants with a recurve. He also had an ESPN tv crew with him. I gained some respect for him then.

[ QUOTE ]
At least it sounds like he wasn't given any special treatment to get the tag. web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't he on the Govenors Tag list?

The 'Bonker

Gotta like someone who could snap a bat over his knee like it was a toothpick.
laugh.gif

Good For Him!!

I also read some where that he hold's some kind of record for pulling back the most amount of weight on a compound bow (or close facsimily)I believe it was 134 lbs?

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know he was into hunting. I think I saw his name on the govenors tag list.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you find a nonresident list and a governers tag list?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know he was into hunting. I think I saw his name on the govenors tag list.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you find a nonresident list and a governers tag list?

[/ QUOTE ] I don't know how you find the list but this was posted awhile ago.
Scott Bestule
Tamara Gregory
Gary LaVox
Alex Rutledge
Eddie Salter
Phillip Vanderpool
Blake Shelton
Steve Tjornhom
Steve Ward
Bryce Towsley
Tom Ware
Pat Reeve
Aaron Carter
Glen Gilbert
Richard Tharp
Matthew Wilson
Rick Wilson
Chad Stoll
Terry Drury
Tammy Koenig
Bo Jackson
Bill Jordan
Chris Hodgdon
Lee Hoots
Scott Grieve

I met him in the early 80's in Kansas City when The Royals called him up from AAA ball.He was checking in at the front desk at the hotel we were staying at and was able to get an autograph from him.He was always a class act through his short career in both sports.How many celebrities on the govs list do you would only take a doe?I have met several football and baseball players at a hunt club I helped train dogs at,and all were class acts.Most loved the outdoors as much or more as there sport.

Top Bottom