Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boar Ridge At The Classic show special!

Central Iowa

Life Member
David asked me to let you all know they will be at the 2010 Iowa Deer Classic. He also added he will be offering a show special.
The following is a thread from last year. I will add some new picts throughout the week. If any of you have stories or picts. to add please do! Make sure You stop by the booth and say hi to David, Lisa, Nick, and Liz.

Just a quick note to let everyone know David and Lisa will be at The Deer Classic again this year. I talked to David this week and he wanted to make sure everyone stops by their booth and says hello. This is a trip I highly recommend. Spending a long weekend at Boar Ridge is an exciting and relaxing hunt combined with Lisa’s home cooking, and a generous lodge with ample amenities makes it an addicting adventure. Between now and The Classic I will add some pictures and experiences of the last two hunts I have had with them so check back every couple days. Many members of the site have visited Boar Ridge. Feel free to share your experiences and pictures. These are some memories I will never forget great times, great friends, and great hosts that have become great friends.
1106Boar_Ridge_019.jpg

1106Boar_Ridge_017.jpg

1106Boar_Ridge_006.jpg

Joe_PigSized.JPG

Jason2.JPG

They have some exotics as well.
Shane_Sized.JPG

Joe_Ram.JPG

Photo0061.jpg

1106Boar_Ridge_004.jpg

BR.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Boar Ridge At The Classic

I almost forgot how darn ugly that 4horned goat of yours was /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I had a hunt set up last year then I, uh, well, you all know the story by now. I called Boar Ridge last summer and David was most accomodating. I was afraid I was going to lose my deposit and he kindly said when ever I was ready to give them a call and they would rebook. He even offered to send my depsoit back if I wanted. Looks like I'll have to bring my calander with me and get it booked.

The 'Bonker

Hey Travis do you have the pic of that monster hog Chris shot /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
If not I think I might be able to dig it up.

Lisa's cooking is worth the price of admission alone!
1106Boar_Ridge_016.jpg

Nick picking up and dropping hunters at stands. Plenty of red dirt.
1106Boar_Ridge_014.jpg

Great accommodations!
1106Boar_Ridge_001.jpg

1106Boar_Ridge_007.jpg

Thanks Travis the people of Iowa are very good to us and the kind words are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!! We are looking forward to the Classic. YES we will have some kind of special at the Classic don't know what it will be yet but we will have one. We feel like it is the least we can do for the so many friends we have shared good times with. I am not much on speechs but THANKS to all who have shared their weekends with us and to those who may in the future. With Friends like ya'll one could not ask for more out of life. Hope to see all at the Classic and in your Boar Ridge gear, I think I may have a local competitor there with feral hog hunts so where your Boar Ridge gear and get a discount on your next hunt. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Posting for David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> David and family,
I just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend! You guys are top notch people. We all had a great time and Im pretty sure we gained a few pounds. Man Lisa can cook! And Nick is a great kid and a hard worker, I hope I can raise Chase to be like that. Thanks for all the stuff you did for Chase, I know he really likes the nerf gun. Hes been using our miniature pincher for target practice. Chase really had a great time and said you guys are nice! Also he cant wait to get his ram mounted. That will be a birthday he wont soon forget!
I saw centraliowas post on IW I tried to post some pics but it says they exceed file limit so I guess Im going to have to try and figure it out tomorrow.
Well Thanks again and we will see you at the classic with our Boar Ridge shirts on.
Toby
</div></div>

Anyone that hasn't been down to Boar Ridge is missing a good time.
I look forward to our trips there every year and always have a wonderful time.

Make sure you stop by his booth at the Iowa Deer Classic this weekend and say hello.

I will try to look up some photos to post on here as well.

Gunrunr,
That is my letter I sent to David. We went down there this past weekend. They really are top notch people. We had an awesome time! 7 of us went down there including my son who turned 9 on Saturday. David was honest with us and told us hunting has been tough the last 2 weekends. So Friday afternoon we were just hoping to see some hogs. Well 2 guys ended up harvesting a hog and 1 guy got an arrow in one and didnt recover it and my son Chase and I saw 20-30 hogs but I coudnt get an arrow off. So we had a pretty productive afternoon.
Saturday morning another one of us shot a ram. He was pretty excited because he hasnt went hunting in about 8-10 years. Well my son saw his ram and really liked it. So I decided what the heck its his birthday so Ill let him shoot my animal. I asked David if Chase could shoot my animal and he said he didnt have a problem with that. Chase was jumping up and down after that.
well that afternoon we got to the blind about 330. It didnt take long and here come the rams. I tell chase to look through his binos to pick out which one he wanted to shoot. He picked out his target and here comes the "ram fever". I tell him to calm down and take deep breaths and settle the cross hairs on behind his shoulder. He shoots and hits the ram good at 110 yards! All 4 came running right at us and get to 75 yards and his ram goes down! We get all excited and then he gets back up, so we reload and he drops him in his tracks this time! I got it all on video also. He said it was his best birthday ever! After seeing his excitement I was really glad I let him shoot my animal because that will be a birthday he will always remember.
After that Nick came and got Chase and his ram. I stayed to try to shoot a meat hog. I had a 60 pounder standing at the exact same spot as Chases ram and I missed! I got alot of crap for that, that night! "Chase can kill something that far away and you cant". I blamed it on the 40 mph gust and alot smaller target but they wernt buying it. I tried.
So saturday afternoon We had 1 ram down another friend shot a hog with his bow and my buddy that shot the ram in the morning ended up shooting a meat hog. It was another productive day.
For the weekend we ended up with 2 rams and 4 hogs and we didnt recover one. All in all it was a great weekend! If anyone is thinking about going down there I would strongly recomend it! You will have an awesome time, you wont go hungry, and you have very nice place to stay! David and his fmily will treat you like family. They Made Chase a birthday cake and gave him a nerf gun that he wouldnt put down. They are some of the nicest people that I have ever met and we will be taking a trip back down there in the future.
I have pictures but its been a while since iv posted any so im not sure how to do it. I can email them to someone if they want to post them for me.
Also if any of you guys have any Boar Ridge gear wear it to the classic and recieve a discount on your next hunt. Ill be wearing mine!

Make sure to stop in and say hello to David, Lisa, and Liz(David and Lisa's daughter) in row 400 at the classic just down the isle from the iowawhitetail booth. These are the nicest people from Oklahoma I know /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif!

David, Lisa, and Nick in picture
1106Boar_Ridge_020.jpg

OneCam with dinner /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
babypig.jpg

Trophy Boar
squeal1.JPG

A relaxing trip with ample accomidations. I booked again this year! Maybe twice......!
1106Boar_Ridge_002.jpg

Fallguy admiring his trophy ram!
Shane_Nuts.JPG

He's never seen it. Maybe something to talk about Easter Sunday Crash!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Sorry I have not got the pictures posted yet bud, my twin daughters have each had 102 temps since Sunday. Tomorrow is my turn to go to work so I'll try to do it then.

Top Bottom