Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Antlerless tag

S

sludge

Momemts ago I got a call from a friend asking me about anterless tag.

To make a short story not so borring, he talked to a guy that has one NOT in a county that is listed. He is in Pott county.

I wasn't able to find the anwser on the DNR web site.

Can you get a statwide anterless tag IN ADDITION to your statwide any sex bow tag?

I appreciate any information on this.

I don'te know about that county but I know that you have to specify the county you want and then you have to let tghem know if you want a gun or a bow tag.If that county is in far northern Iowa I doubt there are any antlerless tag's availible.

I found out there are extra tag's for every county in Iowa,so I guess your buddy is alright.Sorry about the confusion.

I'm not quite sure what the question was but every county received antlerless only deer licenses for this fall. Pottawattamie County had 200 allocated. They are in addition to any other license you are entitled to get.

These antlerless deer licenses are NOT statewide, you must indicate a county, gun or bow, and, they are valid only in that county.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

Thank Doug, I should have just called you directly today.

I didn't even think to ask about the state wide issue. There I go making an ass of myself once again.

I appreciate the info and best of luch to ya all.

Doug,
Why specify the weapon at all. Are we trying to reduce the herd or just provide addition opportunity to hunt. In my opinion, why not let someone who gets an antlerless tag fill it with the bow if he gets a chance or with a gun? Any thoughts?

Arnie

Top Bottom