Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Buck 2010

hotshott2289

Finally got around to posting my bow kill for 2010. I was fortunate enough to take a real brute of an 8 this year. I started off the year shooting 3 does opening weekend, and then went on a long dry spell chasing two deer in particular, both of them were pushing 170-180 came close a couple of times but i guess it just wasn't meant to be, so on Nov. 26 i tried a different area 10 miles from where i had been and it happened to pan out. i was probably a mile to the west of the stand where these trail cam pics . the stand i was set up on was in a little finger bordered by a large crp field and a cut bean field. I was watching a few smaller bucks that were in the beans when i heard a stick break and this giant of an 8 showed up. Theres a ditch in front of the stand and as soon as he went into it i drew thinking he would come out and turn broadside immediately but he walked right at me and stood at five yards for what seemed like an eturnity until he finally turned broadside and caught a t-3 through the lungs. He taped out at 147 3/8. He wasn't one of the booners i'd been watching but there was no way i could pass this 5 1/2 year old brute up. Best part is i actually have a couple of years of trail cam pics to this bad boy, and its pretty neat to have a deer with some history behind it.

Here are some trail cam pics of him:
IM000071-1.jpg
IM000114.jpg

IM000038.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom