Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Hunters observation survey (DNR)

Pupster

Just wondering if anyone else was selected for the survey.

I have a few questions about how they compile their data. For instance if I see 10 does every night for 5 nights, I'm well aware that I'm seeing the same 10 does but is their data going to reflect that there are 50 does in my area? I wonder how they keep their data from being skewed.

Anyhow this is my 22nd bowhunting season and I can honestly say bowhunting opportunities have never been better.

Pupster

AGS,
No, but I would.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

i got one this moring before school i was just getting ready to ask about it...

[ QUOTE ]

I have a few questions about how they compile their data. For instance if I see 10 does every night for 5 nights, I'm well aware that I'm seeing the same 10 does but is their data going to reflect that there are 50 does in my area? I wonder how they keep their data from being skewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think we are so over populated?

Yeah, I hear you!

I gaurantee the herd in my area has been thinned out big time. We still have "Hot spots" like parks and landowners that don't allow hunting. I don't think I want it any more thinned out, makes me kinda nervous filling this thing out.

Pupster.

I got one. Got one last year to. The DNR says the bowhunters are the best hunters for the survey,but it seems thay only lesion to the ins. people

I didn't get one but I'll tell ya what.

I think we all need to support the insurance industry in thier efforts to wage an all out war on the deer. I'm sick and tired of having to pay attention to my driving and what may hop out into my path instead of talking on the cell phone. So the hunters survey will no dought show an increase in deer everywhere in the state. The whole state is infested with those damb deer. Let's open Iowa up to rifles. Heck, let's make it a 3 weeks season or something like that. I'm all for it.....................

BLAST AWAY.
rambo.gif
biggun.gif
flame.jpg
sniper.gif
&^rocket

Just kidding. Surveys are like polls. Numbers can be reflected any way they want them to.

I got a survey in the mail too. I have to believe that the DNR is really trying to make an effort to understand the population and the harvest instead of just trying to show high numbers again to justify increased license numbers. We are probably their best tool short of starting check in stations. I will try to help them out.

I got one too. One funny thing is that I have hunted the farm I was at last night for three years now and last night I saw more deer than at any one time before. (I am sure this is related to the new food plots I have in.) Ironically though, it may "look" like there are more deer now than before.

Top Bottom