Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow hunting during gun season

MIman13

I was just wondering if it was legal to bow hunt during gun season if you are wear orange. Thanks in advance

-luke

I think you can hunt with your bow but not on your bow tag.You need a shotgun tag to hunt during shotgun season.

If i remember correct, a Bow during shotgun was NOT a legal method of take.

Im sure it will say in the regs book, but I do not have one in front of me.

I know bow season is closed during gun season.With a shotgun tag you can hunt with a bow on a paid shotgun tag.

I am wrong.I called the game warden to make sure.You can use pistol,black powder or shotgun but not bow.Seems kinda stange to me but I guess it is what it is.
Lean something new everyday.Thanx for the info.

i know it's closed during shotgun, but what would be the difference if the same person was sitting in the same stand wearing the same orange vest, but using a bow or a shotgun??? just sometimes i wonder how they come up with these laws?

Typical odd ball laws we have. Yes you cannot bow hunt during the gun season, but you can gun hunt during the bow season :thrwrck:.

its the same stupid rule that you can use a bow to fill your late muzz tag but you cant use a bow to fill your early muzz tag.

I was just wondering if it was legal to bow hunt during gun season if you are wear orange. Thanks in advance

-luke

You have never had the ..."Every dumbass that can afford a shotgun in the woods" experiance of a Iowa shotgun season , Have ya??? Buncha inbred, coonass, good ole boys!! Ya don't wanna be in a tree!

There is an exception - you can continue to bow hunt in the special management regions - for example a bow only anterless management state park.
At least this is what the park rangers have told me.

For you "why can't we bow hunt during gun season guys": really???????

Bow hunters have the longest season by FAR! It also is the only legal season during the rut. And you want MORE???

I might be reading a little more into this than there is, but the OP, Luke appears to be from Michigan. My guess is that Luke is a bow hunter and since shotgun tags are easier for NR's to draw, he's hoping to draw one and use a bow. This, as has been mentioned before, is not an option.

Top Bottom