Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow opinion's wanted

homerj

I'm getting ready for a new bow this year. Looking at two bows, same price, and the numbers are practically identical, IBO, weight, etc. etc.
One difference: One bow has a magnesium riser, the other aluminum. So which would you lean towards and why?
I will shoot both and see what happens. Thanks.

I think in years past, the aluminum risers have been machined where as the mag risers were cast metal. IMO, I would lean toward the strength of the machined risers, just for the quality, if you are looking at the cost, I would lean toward the Cast Mag risers. Both Should function well for you for hunting purposes otherwise.

That is a nice twist not mentioning the brand, you may not have folks like Teeroy in here spouting off about what is good and what is not based on personal preferences.
grin.gif

oh sure, everyone likes to pick on the fat kid.

i too, liked that you kept the brands a secret, good touch. bottom line, the only opinion that counts is yours. everyone continues to ask "what bow is best" etc. it only matters what feels best to the guy writing the check. since this question is asked all the time, i like to give the "fun" opinion...like, don't shoot a hoyt
grin.gif

just shoot what you like, and can afford.

Some of us shoot what we like and cant afford
grin.gif

Shoot what feels best to you and not what someone elses opinion is and what eye candy your mind likes best.

My question is what drew you to these 2 bows choices in the first place.

Make sure you pick several different choices and dont miss one because you will kick yourself later like I did for only shopping at 1 shop that had 2 different kind of bows. Wish I had that 3rd choice when i went to another shop.

Homer, take someone with you when you try them out to get their opinion on how noisy each one is. Sometimes the sound is a little muffled to the shooter. The only bows I had with magnesium risers were much heavier than the aluminum, but since you said the weight is the same, I would go by sound and feel. All things the same, you know me, get the cheapest one.
smirk.gif

Top Bottom