Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech Assassin

dshafranek

I'm looking at new bow and really like the bowtech assassin. I was wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought of it. I've shot Mathews for along time but don't like their new creed bow.

If you have shot a good Mathews for very long... you wont care much for the assassin... no doubt its a good begginner to intermediate bow... but after you have shot any of the higher dollar setups, you wont want to down grade.. the assassin is comparable to a diamond Imho.. great bow but def no switchback...z7.. or anything of the sort.

For the record.. my brother bought the assassin for his first bow and he loves it! Very accurate, smooth, quiet, and pretty fast ibo

This might get good.
popcorn-a.gif

Last edited:
I have an Assassin, and really like it. HERES THE PROBLEM! A lot of people shoot the factory accessories which IMO they are junk! Only thing I kept is the quiver. Quiver is light and easy to remove. Octane hostage is crap. APEX sight broke within the first week. I ended up putting a qad hdx a extreme archery sight and the octane 7" stabilizer. For the price you can't beat it. Only way to know is shoot it!

I have an Assassin, and really like it. HERES THE PROBLEM! A lot of people shoot the factory accessories which IMO they are junk! Only thing I kept is the quiver. Quiver is light and easy to remove. Octane hostage is crap. APEX sight broke within the first week. I ended up putting a qad hdx a extreme archery sight and the octane 7" stabilizer. For the price you can't beat it. Only way to know is shoot it!

I bought one for my son and it is a really nice shooting bow. As was said above, the accessories in the package are junk. Look for a used bare bow and put your own accessories on it.

I own two of them. Don't have a bad thing to say about them. I put an hdx on the one for shooting bullheads but the other I use for deer hunting is still all factory and I haven't had a problem. But like others said shoot a few and see what you like.

I've always have shot Mathews. I just don't like their new bow. I really don't like split limbs.
The Creed isn't the only Mathews bow, Fin and Feather is pushing the HeliM just as hard.

Also, I've heard about the ZXT, but F&F didn't seem like they were going to carry it, at least that was the impression from the guy I spoke with.

I shot the Creed and the HeliM last time in there. Both were shooters, but since Mathews have made their name on single limb bows, I had to ask myself if I really want to buy a bow that they are entering new territory (split limb Creed) with?

If you have shot a good Mathews for very long... you wont care much for the assassin... no doubt its a good begginner to intermediate bow... but after you have shot any of the higher dollar setups, you wont want to down grade.. the assassin is comparable to a diamond Imho.. great bow but def no switchback...z7.. or anything of the sort.

Mathews are good bows but in my opinion they aren't the best bows out there. Try every bow you can shoot, and let it choose you.

One of my favorite sayings in a variety of settings....

"It ain't the arrow...it's the Indian" :D

NWBuck

Top Bottom