Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

broadhead preferance?

L

loesshunter

What's everybody use for broadheads? I shoot thunderhead 100's and had good success with my first deer, but if something betters out there I'd sure like to check it out.

Well Loess...hope you got all your studying done. You know I don't bowhunt, I'm a gun hunter from the beginning......but my dad uses Rocky Mountain 4-bladed Razors. I think he has used those broadheads the whole 25 odd years he has hunted. A lot of deer have fallen to those!

Started shooting 125 gr. Wensel Woodsmans this year. Have never followed such bloodtrails before!

I think THUNDERHEAD 100 grains are the way to go. My Dad and I have a combined 10 kills with THUNDERHEAD and not one problem!

Thunderheads are some of the best broadheads out there. I have bow hunted for 26 years and used alot of broadheads. Placement is more important than broadhead, so I recommend whatever flys good for your setup. My favorite is the old Wasp Cam Locks, but I have a stockpile of the Wasp Hi-Techs too. (chisel point is a little better) Muzzy are very good, and even Cabela's has some darn good points for the budget minded.

I shot an overdraw for 3 or 4 years with the expanding blade type broadheads. They worked too, and they did fly perfectly. However, I did not like how the light arrows and expanding blades did not always go all the way through. I like exit holes for better blood trails.

Enjoying the Outdoors.
IaCraig

mechanical is the only way to go. I use the spitfires which uses no rubber bands. I use the 100 gr. 3 blade. You do not have to worry about sighting in you broadheads when useing these. They fly just like your field points and they make a 1 1/2" hole. I have killed many deer with them and I have not ever seen a problem with them yet.......

Anything I can get a sharp edge on. I have been known to have 3-4 different types including homemade in my quiver at one time.
I tend to use zwickey's more often because I have collected a number of them through the years, and by being able to use them over and over and over, I have a lifetime supply.

The price of BH's these days makes that very desirable.

Say Loesshunter are you the same fellow that has the huge 10 pointer or so in the photo gallery for 2000. How did that buck score and how heavy was he? Do you have other pictures of the brute you could share?

Thanks for the responses, I'm new to this post and didn't know what to expect. Buck, you must have me mixed up with someone else, and I thought loesshunter was an original name, dang.

Top Bottom