Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadheads

Let me summarize the whole long thread to save you time on this one or having to look up old ones.
1. Lots of guys love rage. They leave big holes.
2. Lots of guys hate rage. They have had malfunctions or know of someone who has.
3. Lots of guys love mechanicals. They usually are easier to tune (fly more like field tips). You can also get larger cutting diameters with some brands.
4. Lots of guys only shoot fixed blades because they don't have any thing to malfunction andtend to have better penetration, many times due to smaller cutting diameters.

I just saved you reading 20 or more posts. Many many fixed and mechanical heads do a great job. The first and by far most important thing is they shoot where you aim. I have shot a couple mechanicals (grim reaper and rocket steelbheads) that never malfunctioned on me, but if I can get a fixed to go where I want will always go that way because I prefer max penetration and other's malfunctions scare me. I want zero chnace of a malfunction. Slick tricks are a highly recomended head, muzzy, montec, thunderhead, and many other similar fixed heads are tough, foolproof and have been killing deer for a long time. There are hardly any heads that somebody does not "love". So you will get many different opinions. At least on here you get honest ones instead of a pro talking one up cause they are paid to.

I use Grimreaper's. Have had excellent luck with them and they make a huge hole in the deer. On top of it seems the deer never go more than 100 yards from where I shot them. Razortips and razorcuts(both expandable) are the two types I use.

Let me summarize the whole long thread to save you time on this one or having to look up old ones.
1. Lots of guys love rage. They leave big holes.
2. Lots of guys hate rage. They have had malfunctions or know of someone who has.
3. Lots of guys love mechanicals. They usually are easier to tune (fly more like field tips). You can also get larger cutting diameters with some brands.
4. Lots of guys only shoot fixed blades because they don't have any thing to malfunction andtend to have better penetration, many times due to smaller cutting diameters.

I just saved you reading 20 or more posts. Many many fixed and mechanical heads do a great job. The first and by far most important thing is they shoot where you aim. I have shot a couple mechanicals (grim reaper and rocket steelbheads) that never malfunctioned on me, but if I can get a fixed to go where I want will always go that way because I prefer max penetration and other's malfunctions scare me. I want zero chnace of a malfunction. Slick tricks are a highly recomended head, muzzy, montec, thunderhead, and many other similar fixed heads are tough, foolproof and have been killing deer for a long time. There are hardly any heads that somebody does not "love". So you will get many different opinions. At least on here you get honest ones instead of a pro talking one up cause they are paid to.

Well said.

Top Bottom