Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Browning Trail Cameras

ShedderKG

Just curious if anyone has tried out the new Browning Strike Force or the Browning Dark Ops cameras. Been getting some pretty good reviews and just thought I would ask here as well! Thanks guys

I have the Recon Force and the original Range OPS 7MP cam. I have had good luck, and for the price hard to beat. Image quality is good and battery life is comparable to the Coverts. I haven't tried the field scan mode yet, but will be trying it out this fall on my food plots to see how well that feature truly works. You can get the original Range Ops I think for $75ish free shipping from Sportsmans Guide (go to retailmenot.com and get a coupon code to save a few bucks before placing the order and should be free shipping).

Last edited:
Not sure but I'm hoping for good things. I bought two ranger ops from Walmart last winter for 50 apiece and they are currently running.

I've heard good things as well. My Strike Force is in the mail. Will review in a few weeks after it's been hung and checked. Hopefully it's as good as advertised.

Sorry Guys I forgot about this. I pulled the card and the camera seemed to do fine. All I remember is there wasn't any shooters and I quickly erased it. Heck I don't even remember if I had many blanks. I think the night time images were average or on par with my bushnell, moultrie, cudde and other IR cameras. I think I'm chasing my tail looking for nighttime images that the Reconyx can put out.

Sorry Guys I forgot about this. I pulled the card and the camera seemed to do fine. All I remember is there wasn't any shooters and I quickly erased it. Heck I don't even remember if I had many blanks. I think the night time images were average or on par with my bushnell, moultrie, cudde and other IR cameras. I think I'm chasing my tail looking for nighttime images that the Reconyx can put out.

I have had TERRIBLE luck with the Browning Spec-Ops. I bought two of them to try out after reading amazing reviews for the price. I can honestly say that I do not have a single night time picture of a buck that I can even discern how many points (if the animal is moving). Daytime pics are decent, even night time pics are OK if the animal is close and not moving. The most annoying thing is the battery life. I've had Bushnells last 10,000's of pictures and still have 90-100% life, these both went out of Lithium batteries within 5,000 pictures. I would stay far away from them.

I hace a spec ops also and agree the night pictures are blurry. The video is also poor with jumpy action.

I have since moved to the dark ops and the strike force MUCH better than the lower end models.

Yes, the strike force is much better. I'm moving to flash cams again. They take the best pictures and I don't think the flash has much affect on the deer whatsoever. The Bolyguard 565F from Scoutguard is an awesome little camera that I've found for about $90-$100 depending on where you can find them.

Yes, the strike force is much better. I'm moving to flash cams again. They take the best pictures and I don't think the flash has much affect on the deer whatsoever. The Bolyguard 565F from Scoutguard is an awesome little camera that I've found for about $90-$100 depending on where you can find them.

I'm starting to lean this way as well, looking back five years ago I didn't see any fewer deer or smaller bucks with a white or red flash camera. Sure they would look at the camera more often but didn't seem to change patterns.

I purchased a Dark Ops, worked "normal" for three days or so. Then after that I would get maybe 2-3 pics a day. I took it back and got a refund, then bought another bushnell. The 2013 HD model bushnell cams are now $150 online in places, so I will most likely never step out of the bushnell line again.

Really enjoyed the Browing Strikeforce so far this year though. Battery life with only 6 AA's isn't quite as good as a Bushnell camera but my Bushnell's have been failing me this year so I am dealing with the shorter life.

The other thing about the camera is is goes from 10mp pics or has an option for 4mp. I would love to see an in between option as I don't feel there is a need for a 10mp pic but would love to be higher than 4mp. The 10mp seemed to take great pics but also wore my batter down quicker too.

10mp
picture.php

4mp
picture.php

Night picture, can't remember which setting this was on for sure
picture.php

I like the idea of going back to flash also.

ShedderKG, I see it says the cam will do 3k to 6k pics depending on batteries used. Do you find this to be about right?

Top Bottom