Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bruce Braley Signs Pro-Gun Control Letter to Boehner

News flash. ATF does actively pursue those who "lie and buy". Many are supplying criminals who want guns to commit crime but don't want the firearm in their name. Not all cases are actively investigated but they are vetted and addressed. As usual the Obama administration not having a clue what's going on in their own Justice Dept.

Last edited:
This was the response I got from an email I sent last week.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding upholding the second amendment. This is an important issue, and I am glad you have shared your views with me.

I understand your concerns about gun laws. I do not think that law abiding gun owners should ever be harmed by bad regulation. I believe in upholding the second amendment, and I also believe in ensuring the safety of the American people. Please be assured I will keep your views in mind should the full House consider any gun laws in the near future.

Thanks again for contacting me. I occasionally provide electronic updates on issues I think my constituents might be interested in. If you would like to receive my E-newsletter, please sign up at my website at http://braley.house.gov. On my website you can also view my voting record, and get information about issues important to the First District. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,

Bruce Braley
Member of Congress

Note: Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. To better serve the constituents of the First District, I have posted a Feedback Form on my website. If you need to contact me with any concerns, please click the following link and I will respond shortly (http://braley.house.gov/Contact/).
iqtrk.gif

Not good enough.
But that was a fancy way of blowing me off.

Last edited:
Jdubs. How many times have you called the ATF to get a gun crime prosecuted? Just wondering how you know so much about Federal Gun Crimes. I have called them dozens of times and have yet to get one case prosecuted by the Feds..........

The districts that contain Chicago, Los Angeles and New York City ranked last in terms of federal gun law enforcement in 2012, according to a new report from Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, which tracks federal data.

[READ: Mark Kelly AR-15 Purchase Blocked by Tucson Gun Store]

Federal gun crimes include illegal possession of a firearm in a school zone, illegal sale of a firearm to a juvenile, felon, or drug addict, and illegal transport of a firearm across state lines. In Chicago, the majority of gun charges last year were for firearms violations.

The districts of Eastern New York, Central California, and Northern Illinois ranked 88th, 89th and 90th, respectively, out of 90 districts, in prosecutions of federal weapons crimes per capita last year, but it wasn't always this way. All three districts fell lower on the list than they had been in years past. In 2010, for example, Chicago was 78th in federal weapons prosecutions.

Federal weapons prosecutions per capita in 2012 by state. (TRAC/Syracuse University) Gun
These cities also have some of the nation's most restrictive gun laws, as well as the most active mayors in championing gun control. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa are all members of the national Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign.

D.C., which also has tough gun laws, was in the lower half of the list in 2012, coming in at 78th. In 2011, D.C. prosecuted a higher number of gun crimes, coming in at number 49.

[READ: Assault Weapons Ban Doesn't Have the Votes to Pass]

National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre first pointed to the report on Meet the Press Sunday, when he demanded to know why the national press corps wasn't asking the White House or U.S. attorneys general to explain lax federal enforcement of gun laws.

His comment didn't sit well with gun control activists, including the group Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America. "It's like, 'don't look at us, look at gun enforcement'," says the group's founder Shannon Watts. "But the NRA works to block gun prosecutions all the time."

Requests for comment from the U.S. Attorney's offices in New York and California were not immediately returned. But the U.S. attorney's office in the Northern District of Illinois maintains that federal weapons law enforcement is among the top priorities of their office. "We have a number of different methods of attacking gangs, guns, drugs and violent crime," says spokesman Randall Sanborn, who notes that many gun arrests are reviewed to determine whether the arrest should stay with the county or be brought to the federal level. "We look at which court the defendant is likely to get a substantially greater sentence... More cases that used to be brought federally are now staying in state courts because [they are] now able to get a sentence equally great or greater," he says.

Shannon Watts group Mothers Demand Action for Gun Sense, is just another mouth piece and heavy funded by Bloomberg. Kind of funny that she was not worried when she was a PR for Monsanto on how many kids they were killing!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom