Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck nicknames ...

Buford...chased him for 2 years and killed him in 2005
A$$Hole...chased him for 3 years and my brother killed him in 2006

"The Beast" - my triple beam bowkill from '07. It was a name that just came out of my mouth during the first few seconds of coming up on him laying dead and putting his rack in my hands for the first time. I think the statement was something like "what a Beast". Anyway, just stuck after that.

Double beam buck - now on my wall. 190s
Big ten #2 - now on my wall. 170s

Big ten - 10-11 yr old buck, last saw was in the 180s
big 8 thats really a 9 - 160s
Turk - 150s with huge mass
fence post buck - 170s, was rubbing a corner post first sighting.
broomstick buck - 170s, tines looked like rows of broom sticks. Missed him twice.
superfreak turky foot - 140s but a crazy nontypical rack (high potential)
sneaky 13, 160s 12 point with an extra kicker.
Tank - 150s 8pt with huge body
crab claw - now dead but pushing 200 years ago. a good friend missed him.
big ten the third - found sheds this year high 140s, same genetics as big ten 1 & 2.
mythical ghost - 230-250 non typ thats never been seen but 1 set of sheds found. hes getting old if hes still out there.
Broken G-2 buck - 140s 10pt that had his g-2 broke two years in a row.
And old one ear - a doe that has been around for the last 4 years and only has one ear.

Last edited:
Barry Sanders, Carl Wethers, Tank Truck Buck, Hugh Hefner, Spagetti Leg's, Spagetti Head, Boot, Bomber, The Tuna Fish Buck, Crockett, and Shipwreck to name a few of my favorites!

boy, all kinds of names...

Brutus
Mr. Clean
Tall Tommy
Earl
Big Clyde
Twinkie
Cupcake
Clown
Droppy
SawZall
Clubby
Rockstar
Hollywood
Lucky
Forks

and a bunch I forgot.... :D Its all about the name! :grin:

Crabclaw 10, lots of trail cam pics. If he made it he'll be a whopper. My grandson nick named my 2010 muzzle loader buck "Big 27" for his 27 scoreable points. Netted 244 6/8 inches.

Blades, a nice 120's 2.5yr old from 2009, never seen in 2010
Hook 9, a 140's 9pt with a severe hooked left brow...last seen in 2008
Booner, just that, last seen Nov of 2009
Hawkeye, because he was a perfect 160's 10pt, last seen early October 2010

some other common names include, broke G-2, Broke G-3, 6X5, and forky

Arnold- Named after Arnold Swarteneger. His rack was as big as arnolds arms.

Jimmy- Landowner who died and owned the land we seen him on. He was the biggest half rack ive ever seen. Im talkin 170 typical. We have the side he broke off. 13 inch g2s, 12 inch g3s, and 9 inch g4s. He broke it off between the brow and g2. Supposedly someone shot him second season. SO stupid!

I have my own set of rules when giving a nickname to a buck...
I never use the number of points in the name. Ex. "Big 10" "Ol' 8". I never use the description of the rack Ex. "Split G-3 buck" or "High Brows", I broke this rule 1 time I named a buck "Broken Leg" because he had a broken leg. I am highly influenced by my youth so I use that when naming my bucks. Here are a few examples:

Shipwreck - favorite G.I. Joe
Jackpot
Megatron - Transformers
Kyle Reindeer - WKP cameraman
Carl Withers - famous actor from Predator
Chuck Norris - nuff said

Let just say I put more effort into choosing the names for the bucks I hunt rather than shooting lanes, something that needs to change.

Top Bottom