Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck Sign?

I am curious to know what you are seeing for buck sign? Before all this rain, I was seeing several scrapes. This last week there were a lot of leaves that fell off the trees and covered them up. I would think that the bucks would have been out in full force this weekend opening them back up, evening if it was after dark.

Also, I am not seeing hardly any rubs. Again I would expect them to contine to increase as we near the rut.

Let me know what you are seeing? Maybe I need to take up bowling:drink1:

Went out today and saw just one scrap that was freshened up since the rain. Also there are a few rubbings in the area I'm hunting and a couple of them had been hit up since the last time I was in, I could really see how on one rubbing the buck was really digging what I would guess to be the tips of his brows into the tree.

I hunted hard all week trying to fill a muzzy tag. I agree the scrapes and rubs do not seem as numerous this year as usual. However the Buck activity was all over the map. I had a nice 3.5 yr old feeding in the beans wed night with a herd of does who had no interest in them at all. Friday morning my horses were out of their pasture across the section and while rounding them up my wife about got run over by three bucks chasing a doe. Saturday night I saw a small buck chasing does early and about sunset I had a doe feed ing 20 yds from me when all heck broke loose in the timber and four bucks came busting out grunting like mad. Two of these were young and two were 140-160 class.

Top Bottom