Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

buckeyes

marshall

PMA Member
Do deer eat buckeyes? I have a tree that is dropping a ton of them. I picked up a bunch and am thinking about planting them, just curious if deer or turkeys would eat them. I would only really want to go to the work and expense if it is something to benefit deer herd rather than just feed the squirrels. thanks and good luck, season is almost here!

Do deer eat buckeyes? I have a tree that is dropping a ton of them. I picked up a bunch and am thinking about planting them, just curious if deer or turkeys would eat them. I would only really want to go to the work and expense if it is something to benefit deer herd rather than just feed the squirrels. thanks and good luck, season is almost here!

"deer will not look to consume buckeye nuts. The nuts are believed to be somewhat toxic and they are considered a food of last resort (i.e. starving deer), which means they do not like them"

I assumed that was probably the case since i hadn't heard of many people planting them. Just curious. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom