Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks are shedding

iowaqdm

PMA Member
I stopped by a friend's place tonight to see how late muzzleloader/bow season was going. I also wanted to see if he had seen or gotten a shot at a heavy racked 10 point we have been after this fall. Well, he had the antlers from the buck but they were shed. He found them Monday morning. He has found three match sets of sheds and a single since last Friday. He has one set (11 point) that scores around 175 and the heavy racked (10 point) that scores around 170 (with estimated spread) a basket rack and one side of a 130 class 8 point we have been watching. The 8 point buck had lost one side last week and he found the second side Friday. Hopefully we can find the side he shed first this spirng. All the bucks are familiar to us as we have been watching them all fall. We're a little dejected because we were after the big 10 point but have been passing the 11 point up because he's 4.5 and needs one more year to pump some mass. We're not sure if the 10 is 4.5 or 5.5 because he has tremendous mass throughout his beams but his body looks more like a 4.5. It doesn't matter now because they both get a pass. Oh well. Hopefully they will both be huge next year (180" plus). I will try to get some pictures of the sheds posted later. I may need to get help with posting the picture. Watch out when taking your late season doe...you don't want to shoot next year's trophy.

I have seen 3. I second the notion on being careful in the late season. Good luck to everyone !!

3 sets of sheds and no pics in the shed forum...Let's see em!!
smile.gif

Just shoot him and glue 'em back on!!!
grin.gif
j/k
I havent seen a shed buck or half rack yet except the same one I've been watching since Oct. He will be a hell of an 8 next year, assuming he has both sides then. I'm sitting on a late ML tag and you guys are depressing me...

I saw a deer yesterday that I could have sworn it was a buck by the looks of it but it had no rack. It ran off before I could get my binos up to take a better look.

Top Bottom