Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks Chasing Does?

vman

Well after one wet afternoon of hunting and not seeing anything I was rather upset. On my home from the stand something happened to bring my spirits up again. I just turned off the pavment and onto the gravel road leading to my house. This is when I noticed a doe crossing the road in front of me. I was suprisied to find a nice tall 10 pointer right behind. Of course his noise was to the ground and unaware I was their. I tried to get a shot with the camera, but he was just out of range of the flash.
Has anybody else seen any bucks chasing does yet?

Sunday after noon, I had a total of 9 deer walk right by me. Most of them were young doe's. They came from the north down and old loging road. About 4 out of the 9 were button bucks, and they chased the doe's all around me. They're noses weren't on the ground, but I think pretty soon, rut is going to be in full swing!
Good luck and good huntin

Jason

On Sat. morning, I heard a few grunts and the race was on. When I saw the buck chasing the doe, I banged the antlers together and about three minutes later he walked right to me. A decent ten point but I shot video only. Another doe and fawn came by and he grunted and ran them 30 yards and stopped. Another hunter told me he saw a nice buck chasing a doe also. Indications that the bucks are starting to warm up.

They're chasing them around here although the does aren't interested. I had a 160 class 5x5 under 50 yards last night with the muzzleloader chasing does all around my bait pile, unfortunately too many trees in the area and he never offered a a good shot.

Top Bottom