Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks, wandering in the open

G

I'm not able to hunt this year but I wanted to let all you guys what happened today about 11:50 a.m.

I live in the in between to creeks, one to the east about 1,000 yards and one to the west about 2,000 yards in the country. There are empty bean and corn fields all around me.

Well I happened to look out the window to the west at about 11:50 a.m. this morning and what do I see but a pretty nice 9 pointer out in the middle of this open field. He stayed out there for about 30 minutes, not feeding, just wandering around looking up, scenting the air.

I figured this might be helpful info for you guys.

Pheasant hunters kick him up? It's a good time to sit in a stand when the bird hunters take to the field.

Unfortunately nobody hunts the fields around me for pheasants, I hear them cackle every morning on stand.

It's possible he got pushed from the public ground but he'd have to run a long way from there to get by my house. I didn't see any bird hunters on the private ground.

Top Bottom