Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buckscore software reviews

Turkeynate

I'm new to bow hunting and I know the buckscore software has been around for a few years but do guys like it? How accurate does it seem to be for those that have used it? Thanks for any help or advise you can give me. Trying to decide if its worth $25 or not. I've got some decent trail camera pics to try it with but wasn't sure it's worth it or not.

I understand scoring a deer that you have killed and I also understand and enjoy guessing scores of live deer. But to spend money so you can know what a living deer scores is kind of pointless in my opinion. But if you would enjoy it then go for it.

I think you'd be better off getting a flexible tape measure and scoring some deer yourself, then studying body size and differences from young to mature deer. Nothing will beat experience in learning the deer. Once you learn the basics you can judge deer really very accurately on the hoof. Plus it's fun guessing scores on the hoof and then gettin them on the ground and seeing how your scores matched up.

I think you should save your money and post your pics here on IW. You will get the ballpark figure you are looking for.

I bought it. I'm still up in the air. It only works if you have a good photogenic deer. So one that is facing away from the camera or and straight side shot won't work. I think it is pretty accurate, if you have a good pic. Haven't killed any deer yet that we've had on camera yet though to see how accurate it is though.

I have wondered if that was worth it as well, but have stuck with guessing for now. I like to use other parts of the deer to compare the rack to. Such as length of the ears to determine tine length, ear tip to ear tip to determine spread, diameter of the eye to determine mass. Not an exact science and measurements will differ from deer to deer, but but I think it can get you close using averages. Obvsiously you need the right pics too to get all these comparisons.

I have used it, its ok! It will get you close. But not any closer than if you posted it on here. I tested it on deer we shot vs. the tailcam pic of that deer at times it was dead on and at time it might be off by 10 + or - so I can't really say it's worth the money. IMO I think most on here can get within a 20 point spread of the true score, heck the folks in here should be closer than that.

Most seasoned hunters can score within +\-5 inches on a typical deer. NT and everything goes out the window including the software.

Top Bottom