Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Budget Sequester

7pt

Was doing some snooping around about the medical device tax showing up on Cabelas sales reciepts in Texas and landed on the IRS publication 510 website. Chapter 5 regards excise taxes on sport fishing equipment bows,arrows broadheads etc.
So I did a search on where these tax dollars went and found that they go to trust funds that go to the states to fund fish and wildlife programs. If the sequester goes through these programs could be hit hard.
I don't mind having these taxes passed on to us consumers if the dollars are funding said programs but where will thes dollars go post sequester?

Probably the least of my worries. Obama and the dems need to close our country's wallet like everyone else does when they've been irresponsible with their money and need to get out of debt. If some programs take a hit so be it. I am opposed to cutting military funding however because in this world we live in and with as many countries out there that hate us, that's the last thing we need.

If some programs take a hit so be it.

I'm not a big fan of military spending being cut, but some of those programs you aren't worried about taking a hit include the agency I work for as well as several others that employ thousands. With less than 2 weeks until the deadline, there are several thousand hard working employees that take our jobs and responsibilities to the American people seriously and we are worried about being able to provide for our families. FWS's budgets make up less than 10 percent of the overall budget, yet its one of the hardest hit budgets every year! :thrwrck:

As for the excise tax, that is part of the Pittman-Robertson act and all of that money goes to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The FWS then doles those monies out to state conservation agencies to use as they see fit (employment, conservation projects, law enforcement, etc.).

I highly doubt these tax dollars will go towards paying down our debt rather they will end up funding the out of control entitlements the Libs refuse to give up.

Top Bottom