Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buffalo Shooting

ElkHunter

Life Member
The IBA just made a donation of $500 for the conviction of the slob who shot the buffalo at the Prairie Learning Center.I spoke with Nancy Gilbertson, she was very appreciative of the donation. She also stated it was never her intention to belittle the hunting community in any way. She understood no one could call the responsible party a HUNTER.

If you hear anything please give the information to the proper authorities.

It would be nice if she was to make it public that we as bowhunters are upset that someone would do something so dumb. We do not condone those sort of actions and want more than anyone to see the CRIMINAL, not hunter, brought to justice. Thanks for the update elkhunter.

applause.gif
waytogo.gif

Here is a link to a Leatherwall thread that I started in an effort to show bowhunters in a better light.

"A refuge bison roaming the 750-acre bison and elk enclosure on Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge, was struck by an arrow during the holiday season. Biological Technician Jeff Krueger discovered the injured animal during his daily inspection on Dec. 28. The arrow seemed to be deeply embedded in the animal, extending out directly perpendicular to the midsection of the body. The animal continued to graze and walk the prairie, wary of Krueger’s presence, but not in any obvious distress. The animal’s blood stained hide indicated the wound was fairly fresh.
-------------------

I made a phone call and got an update. The Buffalo was hit with a arrow from Wal-Mart with a broadhead on it. It looked like it hit a rib and deflected upwards and according to Refuge Director Nancy Gilbertson it did not penetrate into the chest cavity, it stayed outside. Kids are thought to be involved from local reports. The Refuge has nick named him Arrow, they have another Buff that has lost the use of one leg and his name is Tri-Pod. Rewards have already been posted, I think it would be a good idea to help pay the $600.00 vet bill. I'm in for $10.00 who else is in? It would make bowhunters look very good!!

If you want to help pay the Vet bills send a check for $10.00 to:

The Friends of the Prairie Learning Center (at Neal Smith NWR)

P O Box 399

Prairie City IA 50228.

Note on your check its for Arrows' Vet bill from an outraged bowhunter.

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/tf/lw/thread2.cfm?forum=23&threadid=113038&messages=24&CATEGORY=1

The IBA has already donated money to cover half of the fees incurred with the buffalo already!

Chad that is good to know, looks like only 15 to 18 10.00 pledges. Maybe others will step forward.
smile.gif

Thumper,
I've been in contact with Nancy G. and will present her a $250 check today or tomorrow from the IBA. Will take camera for couple photos and see if we can get a little ink from newspaper.

Something I forgot to post. Several of the anti hunting groups have jumped on board with reward offers. I think it's important to remember that a BOWHUNTER group was the very first to offer reward money.
applause.gif

A good friend remarried and his new wife supports USHS and other like organizations. I never had a clear understanding to the extent of their humanizing animals until her dog died.

At first he was relieved to be free of the $300.00 a month medical/vet bills, but to his amazement the money spent was just getting started. Coffin, burial plot, funeral service, eternal and perpetual care, flowers, paintings, and now a new pet.

When I saw the funeral service pictures it was an eye opener for sure. Forty people in attendance, twenty-five flower arrangements, Hurst, head stone and several giving elegies in the "pet chapel". Very strange to say the least but by the sheer numbers in attendance and their co-dependant type support groups using this "funeral" for fundraising, their numbers are clearly there.

I feel the same things are happening all to often, as with Arrow's case. He is a renewable non endangered resource. He should have been privately shot, the game wardens called, and at the next open house sell Bar-B-Que buffalo to raise operational funds. But that did not happen, so as damage control I started the donation idea on a thread. Hopefully it did some good.

Has anyone heard anything else as to who was the dirty scoundrel that did this?

Top Bottom