Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bull Shoals Lake

streitl

I am originally from Iowa, but have temporarily relocated (about a year and a half) to Branson, MO through work. We have fished Lake Taneycomo for trout quite often, but have only recently ventured onto Table Rock and Bull Shoals.

I was fishing Bull Shoals yesterday and we kept seeing shovelnose sturgeon surfacing. Does anyone know if these are good to eat? At one point, I had one hooked and had the fish in to within 10 feet of the boat when it jumped out of the water and spit the hook out. It was exciting to see this two and a half foot long fish on the end of my line, even if we didn't get it in the boat.

Has anyone fished on either Bull Shoals or Table Rock and point me in the right direction? I tried behind the dam at Bull Shoals and downstream about a mile or so. I would like to get into some walleyes or bass. I appreciate the help.

I, like you had only fished Tanycomo.... I pulled a couple of great Brown trout from that place.

Tablerock has some really nice bass fishing so I hear.

Tablerock is on the midwest's finest bass fishing lakes.... I would LOVE to get on there for a while and see what I can pull out of there! Please take some photos if you do get to go!!

good luck

I have heard great things about the bass fishing in Table Rock. One guy from work is from the area and fishes it on a regular basis and has promised to take me out.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

Ive been to Bull Shoals twice.. had a walleye guide for one day and we didn't really catch much, had a trout guide below the damn on the white river and that was a blast. I haven't really heard anything about sturgeon there, but the sturgeon around here are mighty tasty...especially when smoked. Bull Shoals is also really good crappie fishing. There is a lot of standing timber along some of the rock cliffs and you can catch a lot of nice crappies around it.

Fished Table Rock about 10 years ago. Caught several spotted bass next to shore when the breeze picked up with a Popper-R. Think that was what it was called. Also smallies on a tube jig.

I have fished Bull Shoals quite a few times. Crappie fishing and bass fishing are both really good. The trout fishing in the White River below the dam is world renowned. In my opinion it is a real sleeper for walleye if you can find them. We caught them in the spring casting crankbaits on the rocky points. Average size is pretty big. Sorry I do not know any thing about the sturgeon.

I think I have fished Table Rock too but I can't remember. Have you fished Stockton? I did really good there on walleyes back in the late 1990s.

Top Bottom