Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

burning

passinthru

Anyone know of or recommend anybody in the Clarke county area that does prescribed burns?

I've not ventured there yet, but what could go wrong.
flame.jpg
bouncefire.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know of or recommend anybody in the Clarke county area that does prescribed burns?

I've not ventured there yet, but what could go wrong.
flame.jpg
bouncefire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would contact a PF habitat team...they do burning as well as food plots etc. Pheasants Forever Habitat Team

Check with a local fire department- they will sometimes assist for training purposes. You can offer a donation for their efforts.

Do it yourselfer check list for burning:

Five gallons of gasoline

One road flare

Cold beer

Your local fire dept. on speed dial

Don't even listen to the weather man, the only air currents they are ever sure of are the ones they are blowing up everybody's behinds.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
No really, take everyones advice and have the local Fire Department on stand-by. A few close friends who aren't afraid to get ther hands dirty helps too. Good luck!

[ QUOTE ]
what could go wrong.
flame.jpg
bouncefire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe nothing but you might get yourself into a situation you could really regret.

I feel prescribed fire is an important part of habitat management but I have fought many wildfires that started when landowners with no fire experience tried to burn something thinking nothing could go wrong. All large wildfires begin with a small fire.

Dbltree gave you some good advice ... contact a PF Habitat team near you. The price they charge will be worth the education you will receive.

Yep, I spoke with the closest habitat team member. We are going to meet in early Jan. to hash things out.

I totally agree with the wildfire thing, but if I had my water tanks and water truck down there I would probably do it myself with a dozen close friends of the volunteer fire fighting fraternity.

By the way the PF Habitat Team was very informative and an excellent source of info. Thanks again Dbltree.
bow.gif

Top Bottom