Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Burnt ridge apple trees

olafoggy

I looking to order some bareroot apple trees for spring Burnt Ridge has a good selection just wondering if others have had experience with their trees? Or other suppliers better looking at liberty arkansas black and enterprise thanks

I have had great luck with their trees. Have ordered from them every year for the past four years. Have not been disappointed yet and the trees are growing great.

I too have ordered from them,,they have quality stuff! Only one problem I had. I ordered a berry bush from them. It did not survive the winter. I told them. They told me,,YES that bush is for southern environments. Well I said why didn't ya tell me? Anyway guess was up to me to know.

Yeah, I've gotten pretty good stuff from them for the money.
Regarding non hardy things, I could see why a nursery wouldn't bother questioning why someone is ordering that, since a lot of things are grown in pots, certain places have microclimates, and people like testing plants even if it means killing them. Some of the risks of ordering from warmer climates where they can grow a lot more than us.

I too have ordered a lot of fruit trees from Stark and have been very pleased with the quality and condition of the trees received. I would not recommend spending the extra $ for what they call a "supreme" tree though. They also have an excellent policy for replacing any trees that don't survive. I had a Goldrush apple go south this summer and all it took was one quick call to be told a replacement would be shipped to me this fall. No questions, no returning the dead one and the replacement was received in early Nov.

Top Bottom